Chapter 43

Mari's P.O.V....

100k READERS THAT'S INSANE!!! Woke up this morning to be greeted with those magical tripple digits that made me what to do fifty non-stop cartwheels, but then forgetting I can't do any form of gymnastics and I would end up breaking my neck...

Moving on.... YOU GUYS YOU ARE SO AMAZING AND WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THIS FEELING! THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR STICKING AROUND AND READING THIS BOOK THAT I ONLY THOUGHT WOULD GET TEN READS! From the bottom of my heart I thank each and every one of you readers that read, comment, vote and privately comment, THANK YOU!

Okay, back to the story....

Amber's P.O.V

"Hello, my beautiful pathetic druggie girlfriend!" Finnick's evil voice boomed around the walls of blankets covering us like shields.

My brother's eyes are all glazed over with murderous glares and a deep hunger to rip Finnick's eyeballs out and shove them up where the sun doesn't shine.

My lips are trembling and incoherent murmurs leave my mouth, making a deep chuckle vibrate through my phones speakers and sending shivers down my spine. Jason's grip on the phone tightened and I was worried he would crunch it with his bare fist.

"Still that scared and fragile little girl, are we? You are so weak and pathetic I almost feel sorry for you." Finnick said in a condescending voice, making Isaac rip his pillow in two, letting the feathers dribble down on the floor in a sad pile. The beast has awoken...

"Wha-at do-o you want F-Finnick?" I whisper in pure and utter fear. I know I have nothing to be afraid of, it's not like Finn's body is going to jump out my iPhone and choke me to death...

"So...the little princess speaks." Finnick laughed like an evil villain in a Disney movie. I shrunk back in Jason's arms for comfort, not being able to hear his voice again to taunt me. Jason's other arm snaked around my waist and held me tightly, almost as if I was going to be sucked into the phone and held captive by Finn once again.

"I swear it was too easy to get into your pants my sweet, I thought I would have to do a little extra convincing but you practically handed yourself to me on a silver platter, all naked and ready for me to ravish." Finnick cackled, knowing well that my brothers are listening to every word, but strangely acting calm...too calm it's worrying me.

And that calmness didn't last long.

"WHY THE F*** ARE YOU CALLING HER?! LEAVE AMBER THE F*** ALONE OR YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED YOU A**HOLE!" Isaac roared into the phone's speakers and clenched his fists tightly, exactly like when he would try and intimidate his opponents in the ring.

"DON'T YOU EVER CALL THIS NUMBER AGAIN! PRI*K!" Dylan screamed, yanked the phone from Jason's hand and crushed my iPhone 7 plus under his studded black boots, smashing the screen and killing the phones life slowly.

"W-w-wa why?!" I whisper-shout in a heartbroken voice, mourning the death of my beloved phone that has gotten me through so many situations. All the times I would call my brothers to pick me up from school early from when I would run out of class. The times Dylan and Grey would make us take cringy group selfies that I will never get back. The time when Isaac accidentally sent me a dick pic that was supposed to be sent to his girlfriend...let's just say that I didn't look into Isaac's eyes for a whole month after that incident. Our father nearly beheaded him, then castrate him.

"If we destroy your phone then there is no way of Finnick ever contacting you. It's a perfect plan!" Dylan reasoned whilst re-applying his chocolate lip balm to his chapped lips. Isaac put his earphones back in and seemed to be calming down after that heated conversation with the man I despise the most. Dylan pulled down his eye mask once again and laid down, adjusting his head on his beige pillow, acting like nothing from earlier happened. Grey's rage has drained and a wave of fatigue hit him full force, practically taking away all his consciousness and making his body fall limp like a rag doll.

Jason was still heavily breathing and fuming from earlier, his shoulders tense and his veins are popping out his muskily arms and on the sides of his head, telling me that he was over thinking all of this as usual and coming up with action plans to keep me safe.

I crawl onto Jason's lap and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging the life out of him and massaging his tense shoulders. It seemed to work because I felt his body relax under me, hugging me back with equal tightness and nuzzling his head in my neck.

"Nothings going to happen to me Jacey, I'm going to be fine." I tried to reassure him but mainly myself, knowing all this is far from over but I need to keep a positive mind, the exact words Mrs Newman tells me at therapy.

"It's not just that, I know your safe because I am going to be with you every second of every day...but you need to give your statement in court and be interviewed numerous times, its all worrying me and it's worrying the boys too. How can I protect you when you have to face him in cour-"

"Jason stop!" I scolded and removed myself from his warm chest and met his eyes face to face.

"If you are scared and worrying, then I am too and I don't want that for us or our brothers. We need to just...go with it and support each other throughout all this! I know we can get through this and the sooner all this happens, the sooner my mind can finally rest, knowing that guy is behind bars and finally away from me and us." I whispered, letting my head rest on top of his chest and listening to the calming beats of his heart, letting my mind rest and make me want to sleep.

"You're right princess." He murmured and started stroking my hair lovingly, untangling my knotty brown curls and twirling my growing hair around his fingers.

"Let's go to sleep," Jason whispered and moved his body to a comfier position. I relaxed in his hold and drifted off to sleep.

***

Hey guys.

Are you liking the story so far?

Which brother is your favourite and why?

Tell me your answers in the comments!

-Mari