Chapter 38

Amber's P.O.V

"Lift up a little bit more princess."

I tilt my head up further and exposed my bruised jaw out for Jason to access easily, a shooting pain erupts in my jaw and spreads up my cheeks, I wince at the pain and go to grab my jaw when Jason's hand quickly grabs my wrist and stops me from causing more damage to my dislocated jaw.

Grey called a doctor to the house yesterday to look at my jaw and he said to us that it was dislocated and would heal over time, he said to change my bandages daily and tighten them each time and add some extra padding to support my jaw going back in its natural place. It sucks but my brothers were more than happy to take care of me even more than they already do.

"All done my gorgeous princess!" Jason said happily and hugged my shoulders and planted a sweet kiss on the back of my head. I smiled up at him in the mirror in front of us, I looked at my bruised jaw and glance over at my ugly face, almost every part of my face and neck had a bruise or scar, my neck still had Finnick's faded handprints around it, my lip had a faded cut and one of my eyes was black. With the bandage wrapped around my jaw and going around my head just topped of the horrific look on my face. I looked awful and just wanted to hide under my covers until I look less like a bag of shit.

Jason could see my sudden sadness and lifted my arms up and out the chair, placing me in his arms and I clung onto his body, wrapping my legs around his waist and burying my face in his neck.

"Shh sh its all going to work out Amber, I promise everything will go back in its place, just as its suppose to." He cooed in my ear and rubbed my back. My tears dried from my eyes when a sudden explosion of panic spreads across my face and nearly sends me into a panic attack.

The tape under the sink was peeling away and a hanging used needle was gripping onto the tape by a thread.

Fuck.

My breathing quickens and I squirm a little in Jason's huge arms, trapping me and keeping me flush against his chest where I'm safest.

"What's wrong Babygirl?" Jason asks against my ear, my piercing rubbing against his nose. I turn my head to him and I try and give him the best excuse I can think of.

"My jaw is hurting, could you get me a heating pad from downstairs?" I ask innocently, trying to get him away from the bathroom so I can fix the problem hiding under my traitor sink.

"Yeah sure," He said and started walking to the door with me still in his arms.

"Um, Jase...I need to pee." It's a lame excuse but he can't really say no to it.

"I can look away Princ-"

"No!" I interrupted with a hot blush coating my cheeks at the thought of him hearing me pee, that's way too embarrassing.

"Fine," He said and reluctantly dropping me to my feet. As soon as I heard him walk down the hallway towards the stairs I bolted to the sink, crouching down and ripping away the non-sticky tape and disposing of the empty needle in the trash bin, making sure to wrap it tightly with tissue so they won't notice.

I look up to the full needles and the craving for a shot is overpowering all my thoughts and protests. I pull a needle out of its place and look down at the plastic tube, filled with the only thing that is keeping me sane.

I don't talk about it to my family but the memories from Finnick have really fucked me up, the name-calling, beatings and abuse he inflicted upon me for only three days has corrupted my weak mind and turned all my happiness into darkness, a darkness that's very dangerous if thought about it too long.