Chapter 24

Amber's P.O.V 

I'm desperate and in need of love from another male that isn't blood related.

Finnick and I have exchanged numbers and texting non-stop since he asked me to go for coffee. He's hilarious and charming and I can see him in my dreams, taking care of me and travelling the world together.

But would my family allow that...No

A big fat overprotective NO!

I hated lying to them because I feel guilty the second I do it and it eats away at me, but when I'm talking to Finnick, the guilt goes away and is replaced with a feeling that's...addicting, appealing and I want more.

I want to see him.

We have scheduled a time for coffee in about forty-five minutes and I'm ditching school for it, I would much rather spend my time with Finn than learn about algebra and Pi.

I was drying my hair and applying some makeup when Grey walked in and stood by the doorway with a confused expression and eyes staring into mine.

"You're wearing makeup, why you never do?" Grey asks whilst tightening the apron around his waist. Come on Amber think!!

"I wanted to for today," I said quietly whilst applying some nude lip gloss. Grey looked alarmed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're not trying to impress a boy, are you?" He said in a dangerously deep voice, that once again sent shivers down my spine every time one of my brothers would lower their voice like that. I looked in the mirror nervously and tried to think of a good excuse.

"Dylan brought me some new products that I just wanted to try out today, that's all." I said as convincing as I could, he seemed in deep thought but smiled up at me and embraced me in a hug.

"Sorry princess but the thought of you trying to impress a boy makes my blood run cold." He said and squeezed me tighter, I let out a sigh and tried to stay focused as much as I could.

"I want you to have a good day at school today, call me if those bitches ever make a move on you or hurt you in any way." He said sternly and looked down into my eyes and gave me a serious glare.

"I will." I said then grabbed my black jean jacket and placed it on. Grey frowned even deeper when he inspected my outfit, he rubbed his tense jaw and looked me up and down disapprovingly.

"What is this you're wearing? I don't like it Amber you look different than normal." He said and touched the clothes I was wearing, seems like he was looking deeply into the fabric for answers to my sudden change of look.

I dressed differently because I want to make a good second impression, he will probably see me as a freak like everyone else when they look at me in my normal clothes. I loved Dylan's outfits with all my heart but other people didn't see them like I did. Dylan made cute dresses that were pink and lilac, using a lot of lace and bows to make it look even more adorable. His designs for me look like what you would dress your 2 year old child, cute adorable and innocent.

But I didn't want that anymore.

I want to change.

I want to go out there and do things my way, my decisions and my choices. I rarely have choices with my brothers because they wouldn't let me lift a finger in case of breaking it, they would do everything for me and lock me away in the house like Rapunzel.

I love my brothers...but I love the idea of freedom more.

We walked down the stairs and earnt some weird looks from my parents as I sat down and sloppily eat my cereal, they looked at one another then back at me with concern.

"Are you okay honey?" Mom asked. I looked up at her and frowned.

"Never better," I said with my mouth full of food, they looked pretty grossed out but they're used to my gross eating by now so they don't comment on it anymore.

They seemed to do their normal routine of hugging and kissing me and my brothers as they exited the house to work, Grey shut the front door and grabbed his coat.

"Come on princess we will be late!" He shouted from the other room, I placed my bowl in the sink and slung my backpack on and headed towards Grey.

I looked at the time, 8.56. Shoot I only have four minutes!

"Can we hurry Grey, I don't want to be late for class." Lies

"Okay coming! But don't you want to say goodbye to Dylan, Isaac or Jason?" He asked whilst walking to the car where I was waiting patiently.

"I said goodbye to them earlier." Lies again

He seemed unsure but got in the car anyways.

We were driving down and my school was approaching, fuck I hate this place with a passion! Grey pulled up outside the gate and turned to me with a worried look.

"Remember what I said earlier princess, call me if you're in any sort of trouble, okay?" he said and I looked over and grabbed his hand reassuringly like I have done many times before.

"I promise Grey," I said with a smile. He smiled too and kissed my cheek and gave me one last goodbye hug. He's done this ever since I learnt to walk on my own, always there to catch me when I stumble and gives me a kiss every time I took a step towards him, he'd grab me with welcome arms and spun me around the room whilst our parents and brothers watched beside us, with pure love and aw in their eyes.

The good memories I cherish and will never forget.

We break away and I left through the car door, waving goodbye as he drives away. As soon as I see his car completely gone, I smile and run quickly into the woods next to the school, leading towards my destination.

Operation coffee date GO!

I sprint as fast as I could in my gold and black trainers and buck and dive through the trees. After a few minutes of running I enter the town where the coffee shop sits, I rub my shoes in the grass, trying to remove any dirt then walk on over to the lit-up store. The overwhelming sweet and bitter scent of coffee hits my senses and makes me want to drool.

I have always been a big fan of coffee but my brothers banned me from drinking it about a year ago now because it would make me have a rush and go completely mad from drinking too much. I don't think I was that bad but they strongly disagree with me. And from then on, I was stuck with tea and hot chocolate, and I tell you it sucks!

I walk up a few steps and push open the door, a bell rings and makes my presence known, nobody turns around apart from a gorgeous captivating green eyed specimen that has caught my complete utter attention since the day I met him.

"Hello beautiful."

*****

Vote and Comment!