Chapter 46

Amber's P.O.V

I am now under strict house arrest.

No moving from my seat without telling someone.

I can't eat food myself and need a brother to feed me so they know exactly how much I have eaten and at what time.

I can't close any doors or lock them.

I no longer have privacy in my bathroom, a brother must supervise me whilst I'm in there.

And I must tell them immediately when I hear the voices...

I hate the fact that I no longer have what little freedom I had but I understand why they're doing this, we are all going through a lot already before I told Jason about the voices. When I woke up this morning, I immediately found out about the new rules put in place for me and the fact that they had a secret family meeting at 1am about the voices in my head. Jason snitched on me to the family.

Now I am under constant supervision and watched by everyone wherever I go.

Its now lunch time and we are all sitting in the lounge, watching TV and Dylan and Isaac are fighting over the remote, nothing new. I am lying down on the couch with a pillow under my head, with Jason rubbing soothing circles on my temples to calm my painful migraines that keep coming. These migraines are becoming a regular thing, my head is always pounding and I hear faint murmurs around me, but like always I try to ignore it, but now I have no choice...

"Jase they're coming back." I whimper in pain, my head feels like a bulldozer is smashing against my skull and acid is filling my mind, suffocating my kind thoughts and good behaviour, turning it to mush and slowly dissolving itself, then being replaced with bad thoughts and voices telling me to walk upstairs, enter my bathroom, fill up my bathtub and slice my pale skin, letting all the worries and pain leak from my body and submerge into the clean bathwater.

I feel the rubbing stop and a feeling of someone towering over me. I look up to see a terrified Jason pacing up and down with his head in his hands. I whimper once more at the pain Jason is going through, I feel so bad that I'm causing him stress. It makes me want to cut myself more...

"Come on angel, take these pills like Mrs Newman told you," Grey said whilst propping my head up to put the big white pills in my mouth. I swallow the gross pills then chug down some water, washing away the vile taste.

The voices turn to whispers then to a dead silence, almost as if they ran to the back of my mind and hid away into the darkness, watching me from afar and silently laughing to themselves.

I instantly smile at the feeling of peace. No migraines and no voices. I felt big hands under my arms lifting me up then pulling me back down, only this time, I am on a familiar lap.

Jason buried his head in my neck and kept it there, shutting his eyes and cuddling me close to him. I cuddled him back and rested my head in his neck, finally at peace.

My therapist Mrs Newman has been checking up on me frequently, ever since my family notified her of these new voices in my mind. She is yet to diagnose me with any more mental health issues but she told us that something was "Definitely wrong with me" her words not mine.

She prescribed me with these special pills that are supposed to suppress the voices for a period of time and soothe my mind, it worked just now but this is the first time I have taken these pills, who knows what is going to happen after a few hours of taking them...

The smell of cake invades my senses and my mouth is immediately watering, I turn my head around and saw the beauty in front of my eyes. Grey walked in with a beautiful lemon cake in his hands, he placed the cake gently on the coffee table and smiled to himself in achievement.