Chapter 41

Amber's P.O.V 

"Okay Ambs that will be all for today. I will see you next week for another meeting." My new therapist Mrs Newman stated with fake enthusiasm and gesturing for me to leave the room and hand her a ton of money for her useless services.

And the countless amount of times the bitch said my name as "Ambs". I was seriously considering overdosing on the many pills she prescribes me.

Its now two days later and the police have informed me to attend regular counselling with a trained therapist to tackle my heroin addiction and the memories that have been burned into my brain from Finnick.

I can't even think his name without feeling sick to my stomach, all the memories haunting me every second of the day and keeping me up at night. It's a bad situation right now because all the memories of him hurting and abusing me keep me up at night, making me want to inject some heroin into my veins to calm me down and send my mind somewhere else where it's a lot better and relaxing.

An endless unhealthy cycle.

My brothers have been my lifesavers throughout all of this, they have all insisted we sleep in Jason's room so they can be there whenever I have one of my nightmares so they can quickly comfort me, they're extra clingy and I hardly get a second to myself except whenever I need the bathroom, and even then, they were hesitant to let me go on my own.

I didn't realise at the time that my therapist feeds back to my parents about what I have said and revealed to the therapist in our session. I was under the impression that our conversations were highly confidential and whatever I say will never leave the room, so now my all my family know the full extent of my relationship with Finnick and my heroin addiction.

I knew that bitch was crafty and couldn't be trusted!

Oh well...better her say it rather than the unnecessary tears that would be shed if I said it all myself.

Now that they know everything I am on strict drug watch, one of my brothers is constantly walking beside me like a lost puppy, my parents are constantly observing everything I place in my mouth, Dylan is always dressing me in the morning and undressing me at night so he can see if I'm hiding drugs somewhere on my body.

Its times like these that I remember why I left in the first place. But now I realise the importance of family, there is nothing like the love from your family and I wouldn't trade it for the world. As cringy as it sounds.

The one thing I will take away from mine and Finnick's toxic relationship is to never trust anyone as easily as I did, and always talk to someone before jumping headfirst into a relationship with a man you hardly know.

Live and learn.

I walk down the fifty flights of stairs and finally reach the double doors and breathe in the crisp cool air, filling my lungs and clearing my head. I look around at the busy roads roaring with aggressive car horns and groups of girls laughing with one another. I look over to see Grey pulling up beside me to take us home, Just in time.

I pull open the door and jump into the car, relieved I don't have to stay near that evil witch again for a couple days.

"How did the session go?" Grey asked curiously whilst picking my hand up with his and holding it close to him. I sigh loudly and throw my backpack on the back seat.

"It was great, I feel like I'm getting better!" I say with fake happiness and excitement. I have to act like I'm enjoying it so they don't get worried, which is the last thing I want for my family.

"That's great princess! We have a surprise waiting for you when we get home." Grey said with a mischevious smirk then starts the car up, pulling away and joining the scary drivers on the road.

"Ooh what is it?" I ask excitedly. Grey shakes his head and bites back his smile.

"Well, it's not a surprise then if I just say it, silly princess!" He laughs lightly then faces the road again with a content smile spread across his face, his smile instantly lightens my mood and I ended up with the same smile as his. I lean my head on the window and close my eyes, thinking about today and a bunch of random crap that pops up into mind.

***

Jason's P.O.V

"DYLAN IT ALL NEEDS TO LOOK PERFECT!"

"Calm down Jasey its already perfect, keep your knickers on!"

"What have I told you about calling me that!"

"That 'Jasey' is embarrassing and the only one that can call you that is Ambi." Dylan huffed out exhausted from me ordering him around for the past two hours.

Right now, we are all rushing around and making everything perfect before Amber arrives. Grey made his special homemade ice cream that gave Becky an orgasm in our kitchen, Dylan collected every cushion, pillow, blanket and pegs we had in the house, whilst I was dictating everyone around like an alpha to his pack.

I love having complete control over everything I do and touch.

We did all the finishing touches and now it was the waiting game. My favourite part...

"GUYS! Grey is pulling up, I got a text from him!" Isaac said quickly.

"Wait Grey texted whilst driving?" Dylan asked with a murderous look in his eyes.

"Obviously not, he would have texted when he parked the car you doofus!" I said and jumped to my feet, ready to embrace my other half that was about to walk through those doors shortly. Grey obviously, duh!

We all stand up nervously and stare at my door intensely. If our eyes had lasers, the whole house would burn down from our complete concentration.

We heard multiple footsteps march up the stairs and get louder as they approach us.

"Okay, angel close your eyes!" Grey coos from behind the door. Me Isaac and Dylan look at one another with nervous eyes, crossing our fingers behind our backs in hope she likes our surprise. Well here goes nothing...

We hear the shaking of the doorknob break our stares and jumpstart our temporary anxiety, hoping and praying Amber likes this and doesn't hate it completely, but as she has us all wrapped around her finger, we wouldn't even be mad if she hated it, heck we would even start again if that's what she wanted.

The door flings open to reveal Grey with his hand over Amber's eyes with a huge contagious smile on his face. Amber on the other hand looked terrified, probably from not knowing what she has signed up too.

Me and my brothers quickly look at each other for a silent confirmation then scream at the top of our lungs...

"SURPRISE!" We all scream and wave our arms about excitedly. Amber's once scared looking eyes, quickly turned into love and joy when she eyed up the room we have transformed.

"A BLANKET FORT?!" Amber screams whilst jumping up and down excitedly. Each brother collectively sighed in relief at Amber's happiness at the fort that took over two hours of our lives to make.

We all had beaming smiles on our faces watching Amber duck down into the fort and look around in amazement. A second later I was tackled to the ground by a smirking princess, squeezing me in a bone-crushing hug and kissing my cheek.

"This is the best surprise I have ever had."

***

Hey guys, sorry for the slow updates I have had a lot on my plate recently but I will try and get back on track!

Did you like the chapter?

Are you liking Amber more now?

Do you think her brothers are too nice to Amber, considering what she has done in the past?

Tell me your answers in the comments so we can all discuss our feelings and opinions!

Thank you all!

-Mari