Chapter 28

Ambers P.O.V 

It feels like we have been driving for hours now, all the trees look the same and we're driving on this road that seems to never end.

I look over to see Finnick driving with one hand on the wheel and the other hand in mine, rubbing circles and intertwining them together as one.

Something seemed to go off in his mind because he suddenly looks alerted and frightened for some reason.

"Baby do you have your phone?" he asked me with worry clearly written on his face. I quickly pulled it out my pocket in fear he would freak out again then gave it to him. He smiled at me and threw my phone out the broken window.

I gasp and turn around in my seat to see the smashed phone bounce along the road and crumble on the floor. A whimper leaves my mouth because that was the only way to contact my brothers and now it's gone...just like that. Even though I'm running away it doesn't mean I hate them or my parents, I will always love them no matter what.

"What was that for Finn?" I ask sadly whilst looking down at my lap, I feel his stare on me and hear a sigh leave his lips.

"I'm doing what's best for us Amber! People will track your phone and break us apart angel, is that what you want!" Finn shouted at the end, making me whimper back a bit in my seat and shake my head slowly, not wanting to annoy him further.

I feel the car slow down and pull over to the side of the road, as soon as the car stopped I was yanked out my seat and placed on Finnick, straddling his lap with his hands on my waist.

I just realised I forgot to wear my seatbelt. My family wouldn't start the car if my seatbelt was off, seems like I'm already forgetting their rules.

"Babe..." He started talking and gripping my waist firmly with his strong hands, sending tingles and butterflies to form in my stomach. I looked down at him and waited for him to continue...but he never did.

Instead, he wrapped one of his hands around the back of my neck and pulled it down to kiss me, he was kissing me roughly and tugging on my lips like I was his last meal on earth. The kiss was sloppy but full of love. I placed one of my hands on his cheek to steady myself, he bit down on my lip then kissed me again fully whilst licking and nibbling on my lips.

After our make-out session, we broke away slightly, foreheads touching and breathing deeply. A smirk was on his lips and a smile was on mine. We looked into each other's eyes and never broke away, each admiring each other and looking at our sore lips.

"You're going to be the death of me Amber," Finnick said whilst stroking my cheek and touching my lower back. The flustered and giddy feelings were coming back and hitting me full force, making me look down in embarrassment and nervousness. I soon felt his hand come under my chin and lift it up slowly, locking my eyes with his.

"Don't ever look down on my princess, I want to see your beautiful eyes." He said softly then kissing my neck and making me giggle. He pulled away and frowned at my giggling.

"Sorry, it tickles," I whispered with flushed cheeks. Finnick laughed and continues his attack of kisses on my neck. The kisses started getting more intense and he started biting. I didn't know that was a thing? He started biting and sucking my neck like a hungry vampire.

Finnick pulled away and inspected my neck, a big smile formed on his face and he looked proud for some reason.

"Now everyone will know you're mine." He said proudly and possessively whilst touching my neck. Confused I looked down over my shoulder and collarbone to see dark red patches littered on my skin, it looked like a nasty rash or skin disease to me. It scarred me at first but knowing that Finnick did that made me feel a lot better, he knows this stuff a lot better than me, so it must be right.