(Prinxiety) can't sleep

It was one of those night's again, Virgil lied uncomfortably on his bed feeling completely out of place, his bed was too big and cold and lumpy, but that didn't bother him as much, what did bother him the most was the loneliness he felt.

He craved the contact of another person's skin against his own, his arms and body ached to hold something, moreover, to hold someone. His skin literally tingled in desperation and longing, he had not been able to sleep properly for three days, each time he attempted to do so he tossed and turned constantly, and when he would doze off he would jolt awake in a cold sweat. His anxiety was at its peak and refused to let him sleep.

He huffed and took fistfuls of his bed sheets in frustration squeezing his eyes shut and gritted his teeth feeling a tingle of anger rise up in his chest threatening to overflow and burst out of him. When he couldn't take the feeling any more he slipped out of his bed yanking his blanket along with him, he stood precariously and let out a low groan already fed up with the tingling in his chest he trudged out of his room nearly tripping over his blanket that pooled around his legs, he suppressed a curse by biting his lip.

The hallway was dark giving off an eldritch atmosphere as he trudged by the many rooms, while he walked he couldn't help but to feel scared of the darkness, for someone as dark and gloomy as him he was surprisingly afraid of the dark. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he finally made it to the room he yearned to be in.

He paused for a moment rethinking his choices before he decided to just go through with it, he slowly opened the door with utter reluctance, it squealed as he pushed it open further wincing at the annoying noise, when there was a big enough opening for him he stepped into the room already feeling better as soon as he caught the scent of the prince who slept soundly in his bed, he quietly shut the door behind him and tiptoed towards the bed where Princey slept.

Virgil frowned and hesitantly shook his shoulder with trepidation settled in his mind, what if Roman didn't want him in his room? What if he kicked him out and or yelled at him? It was too late for him to retreat, Roman stirred and laid his sleepy eyes on Virgil who stood beside his bed, at first he looked shocked and confused, but then his expression changed to one of sympathy. “Can't sleep?” He mumbled, his voice thick with extracts of sleep, Virgil shifted from one foot to the other and nodded.

Roman gave him a small smile and scooted away so he could make room, he then patted the empty space beside him inviting him to lay with him. “Come on in.” He urged, Virgil returned the soft smile and climbed into the bed beside the prince, he snuggled closer to his chest breathing in his comforting scent. “Why are you so restless lately?„ Roman asked as he played with the trait's mess of hair. “Thomas is planning an important date, and when that happens I just get more cautious and agitated..” Virgil explained in a low strained murmur.

Roman sighed. “Well for tonight why not just catch up on sleep? I'll wake you up if anything happens alright?” He offered in a pleading tone, Roman was really starting to get worried about the darker bags that rested under his now blood shot eyes, Virgil hummed and wrapped his arms around him. “Okay." He agreed and let his eyes close, in an instant drowsiness began to take over and before he knew it he was out like a light.

When Roman felt Virgil go slack he covered him with his blanket using his arm to support Virgil's head, and the other laid over his waist, he smiled at the sleeping male in his arms and kissed his forehead before he himself drifted off to sleep.

The next morning when Patton barged into Roman's room to wake him up for breakfast he immediately squealed at the sight, and as a result to his inhuman squeal Virgil had woke with a start and ended up hitting Roman in the face, though all in all he was still able to get a good night's rest alongside the person he cared for.