Whumptober day 12 & 13 (electrocuted & "stay")

Q: Halloween party or trick-or-treating?

Pairing: Analogical

Virgil loved the rain, he loved the earthy smell and small noises. He loved the way the raindrops splashed against his pale skin. He loved how the dark clouds loomed over the sun and covered the sky. But what he loved most of all was the lighting.

He loved the many bright colors and the harsh clap it made. He loved how it sometimes lit up in the dark clouds and caused them to glow.

Today was a beautiful day, well if you consider a dark rainy day to be beautiful. For Virgil the day was perfect and for once he decided to crawl out of his room and go outside to enjoy the weather. A huge smile was spread across his face and he lifted his hoodie over his head, he took a deep breath, allowing the fresh air to fill his lungs, and exhaled.

Slowly he walked into the downpour, in an instant he was soaked to the bone. His hoodie clung to his limbs and his hair stuck to his face. Oh how he loved it. The dull rumble of thunder drummed above his head, and from afar a flash of lightning appeared with a sharp crack. The dark trait cringed and laughed afterwards, the smile never leaving his face.

But his time was interrupted when his boyfriend called from the porch, his glasses rested crookedly on the bridge of his nose, his hair messy, his tie and clothes tattered. “Virgil! Come back inside this instant! You're going to catch a cold.” He shouted, the trait suddenly frowned and stopped where he stood, underneath a tree, and glared at Logan. “Leave me alone I'm having fun!” He shouted back.

Logan groaned and backed away when a strike of lightning hit not too far away. His heart clenched with fear and he took a reluctant step forward. “Virgil please you're going to get hurt it's dangerous!” He called desperately. Virgil crossed his arms and turned his back on him. Logan was about to say something until something caught his eye, he gasped aloud and felt a cry escape his lips. “Virg—”

Virgil turned around and suddenly he felt a white hot pain, his bones felt like they were lit on fire and they rattled for a moment. He felt a huge force in his chest and his body locked up, his lungs tightened and his heart stuttered crazily. And then he collapsed, his ears rang and his vision blurred. He struggled to breathe, he clawed at the moist dirt he laid on and wheezed painfully.

The rain continued to fall, as he struggled to catch his breath, as his body twitched and trembled. As he slowly died...

Logan was above him, shaking him, yelling his name as tears fell from his eyes and joined in with the rain. Virgil just stayed lying there, wanting so badly to cup his face and tell him everything was okay. But he couldn't, his body was no longer in his control, he couldn't speak. He couldn't do anything but watch with blurry vision and ringing ears.

Logan gathered him in his arms and ran inside, and for a moment Virgil was able to hear again as he jostled in his arms.

“Just stay with me Virgil.” Logan sobbed.

“Stay.”

And he lost consciousness.

Hours passed.

Days.

Weeks.

Months...

And then he opened his eyes, finding himself in a hospital room with Logan sleeping on a chair beside his bed, his head on his lap with dark circles under his closed eyes and his clothes and hair messy and tattered.

Virgil lifted a trembling hand and ran his fingers through his boyfriend's hair, a smile ghosting his lips.

Everything was going to be okay again, and from the window in his room Virgil could see the sun, rising on a new day.

Since then, Virgil came to love the sunny weather.

And Logan was able to enjoy it with him, no longer having to fear for his life.