(Remy x Deceit/ Receipt) afraid of the dark

Deceit never told anyone, not that he could in the first place, that he slept with a nightlight. Believe it or not, the side was afraid of the dark, which was pretty ironic seeing as how he was called a ‘dark side’ himself, it was literally in the the name.

Dark.

The opposite of what he actually was.

He was really not that bad of a side, sure there were some rough times, and he may have started off with a bad impression, but Remy didn't know that. All he knew was that Deceit was a pretty cute snek boi who didn't get as much love as the others did, and for some reason that really bothered him. He felt for the side, he really did, and all he wanted to do was comfort him.

Currently, Deceit was at his usual corner, hunched up and pressed against the wall, holding himself in a protective embrace. The other sides were having a movie day, Patton had invited everyone, but Deceit being his usual self refused and kept his distance. Remy couldn't help himself, knowing that Deceit was in the same room as him was distracting, he couldn't focus, it was as if his conscience was telling him something.

Turn around.

He mindlessly sipped his coffee, his eyes glued to the screen, sunglasses rested on the top of his head.

Look at him.

He pulled his blanket closer to his body and sighed as he set his cup back down.

Notice him.

He leaned his head against the cushions of the seat he sat on and tried again to get himself lost within the movie.

Hear him.

Deceit sighed and picked at his cape that was draped over his shoulders, Roman shuffled uncomfortably in his spot wedged between Virgil and Patton. Logan frowned upon his actions. “Is something bothering you?” he questioned curiously, the prince jumped and suddenly grew flustered. “There's too much light.” he mumbled. “Yeah, but if you turn it off it'll get pitch black and you'll end up tripping on your way to the bathroom, just like last time.” Virgil argued, stifling a chuckle. Roman flushed red. “That was an emergency! It won't happen this time, I made sure to take a bathroom break before the movie.” He huffed and looked away from the smirking trait.

Logan took that as an okay and reached over to turn the light off. Deceit stiffened as he watched with wide eyes, everything suddenly slowed down. His heart rate skyrocketed, his blood turned to ice slush, a pit of dread formed at the bottom of his stomach, panic filled his veins.

Suddenly.

Everything went dark.

Sirens blared in his mind, sirens that told him that something was wrong

He was in danger.

He wasn't okay.

Something wasn't right.

Something's wrong.

He's in danger.

They're going to get him.

They're going to hurt him.

Not again.

NOT AGAIN!

“Deceit!” the panicked trait snapped open his eyes, not even realizing that he had closed them, the lights were turned back on. Everything seemed to be shaking, and there was a horrible noise echoing in his head.

It took him a while to realize that he was the one that was shaking, and those horrible noises were coming from him.

Oh....