(Logicality) tears to shed

“Patton…” Logan groaned as large, fat tears rolled down his cheeks and splashed against the papers beneath him. He quickly stood up from his work desk and grumbled under his breath as he tried to blink away the annoying tears that now blurred his vision. “Looggaaannn!” Virgil stumbled into his room, he himself had tears streaming down his face. “It's happening again.” He stated and wiped at his cheek leaving it bare of any tears until it became soaked once more. “I see that.” Logan stated in a matter-of-fact tone and wiped at his own face. Virgil flushed pink with embarrassment and looked away, “Look, can't you just like stop him?” he asked desperately.

Logan sighed. “If only it were that easy.” He muttered darkly, his tears caressed his cheeks and dripped from his chin. “Was it another movie?” he questioned. “I...” Virgil trailed off and suddenly looked worried. “He wasn't in his room when I passed by on my way over here.” He claimed. They both met each others watery gazes, neither of them spoke, too stunned with shock. “We gotta find Roman.” Virgil breathed after the long moment, Logan nodded in agreement and followed after the anxious trait, he stumbled after him. The tears showed no sign of ceasing and seemed to only be increasing, they built up in his eyes and pooled inside them nearly blinding him. “It never used to be this bad.” Virgil stated anxiously, tears now dripping down his chin like a tap left on.

Logan pursed his lips and balled his hands into fists. “Let's just hope it's nothing serious.” He sighed and ferociously wiped at his teary face.

“Patton please come out! I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to!” the familiar shout of a certain prince reached both trait's ears. They looked at each other, holding looks of annoyance. “Roman, it just had to be Roman.” Virgil sighed deeply and quickened his pace towards the common room where Roman was standing in front of the bathroom door, tears leaking down his face that held and expression of guilt. “Roman, what's going on?” Virgil asked aloud, startling the fanciful trait. “Virgil! Logan!” he gasped and quickly turned around to face them. “Where is Patton?” Logan asked impatiently, although his impatience only masked the concern he felt.

Roman twiddled his thumbs and averted their gazes, he batted his lashes as the tears filled and overflowed in his eyes. “H-he's in the bathroom.” He stuttered out looking like a child who had been caught stealing sweets and was now being scolded. “Roman what did you do?” Virgil spat icily at him, his tears made him look more vicious. “I really didn't mean to…” He mumbled under his breath. “I...” He sighed. “I ruined his most prized possession.” He admitted, his voice was thick with guilt and shame, and had it not been for the many tears that already slid down his cheeks, he would have been crying either way.

Logan frowned, the warm salty tears left tear tracks on his cheeks, and his eyes were rimmed pink. “What prized possession was it?” he questioned further. “It was his first teddy bear.” Roman replied solemnly. “Oh gosh Roman, you know how much he cherishes his gifts. Especially ones from the past.” Virgil groaned. “I'm sorry, I really am.” Roman whimpered, and for a second Virgil was almost convinced that the tears that flowed endlessly down the royal's face were his own. “I'll handle this.” Logan assured and straightened out his tie before he knocked on the bathroom door. “Patton, will you please let me in?” he called out.

There was shuffling, the faint sound of sniffling and hiccups, and then the sound of the door unlocking. Logan, now relieved, opened the door and stepped inside.

When he shut the door behind him it felt to him as though he had stepped into a sauna of negative emotions. His heart ached and suddenly his eyes became oceans of tears that sloshed and crashed violently and traveled against the shores that were his cheeks.

There, sitting in the tub, was Patton hugging his knees to his chest with a trembling form. Logan walked up to him and placed a comforting hand on his shaking shoulder. The fatherly facet flinched at the touch and quickly looked up to see who had entered. “Logan.” He croaked in a low, hoarse, and broken voice. His face was flushed pink due to all his crying, his eyes were puffy and his glasses were neatly folded at the sink. “Patton, I understand you are upset, but you also have to understand that when you have these strong emotional breakdowns it effects each and everyone of us.” Logan explained in a calming voice. “As you can see, I appear to be crying, as are Roman and Virgil. Patton, when you cry we also cry, seeing as how you're literally the core of emotions. But sometimes it can be a bit..unsettling.” Logan chose his words wisely.

Patton paled and suddenly looked sick. “Oh gosh, I'm so sorry.” He moaned miserably and tugged at his hair. Logan quickly pried his hands away from his hair and brought them to cup his face, Patton suddenly froze. He was practically cupping Logan's face in his hands, but the tears that ran down the logical side's face was an unusual and unique sight. “I'm doing this?” he whispered and swiped his thumb across Logan's cheek, clearing away the many tears that seemed to be in sync with his own. “Yes, but we're not hurt.” Logan reassured. Patton sniffed and nodded to him. “Patton, why was that teddy bear so special to you?” Logan asked curiously, slowly his tears started to cease.

Patton bit his lip. “It...” He looked a bit embarrassed. “It was the one you gave me the day we made our first video with Thomas.” He explained. “It meant so much to me, it calmed me in my times of need, and protected me from nightmares.” He swallowed the lump in his throat and took a shaky breath. “Patton, maybe…maybe you don't need a teddy bear for all that.” Logan suggested with a dark blush, Patton frowned and furrowed his brows together. “What do you mean?” he asked curiously.

Logan opened his mouth only to find that he could not find the correct words that he wanted to say, so instead he sighed and joined Patton in the tub and wrapped his arms around him, bringing him into a warm embrace. Patton tensed in the embrace, but after a moment he relaxed in the soft hold and wrapped his own arms around him, he scooted closer into the embrace and gave out a shaky breath. Logan rubbed his back up an down in an attempt to calm him down some more, Patton stayed still in the hug until Logan flinched.

A single tear rolled down his cheek.

Another.

And before he knew it he was crying again, only this time when he pulled Patton back to get a better look at him he saw that he was holding a watery smile. “Patton?” Logan gently cupped his tear streaked cheek. The bubbly trait leaned into the touch and smiled wider, “I'm okay.” He assured and shut his eyes, tears squeezed through his shut eyes and clung to his long lashes. Logan sighed and leaned forward, pressing a kiss to Patton's temple. “Of course you're okay.” He mumbled and brushed the hair away from his face, Patton giggled and Logan smiled.

“What's so funny?” Logan questioned with a small tilt of his head. Patton opened his eyes, they glittered with unshed tears, the tiny droplets that clung to his lashes fell with each bat of an eye.

“I just thought of a joke.” Patton replied with another giggle that made Logan's heart flutter in his chest. “Wanna hear it?” Patton grinned.

Logan chuckled and nodded. “Go ahead.”

Patton wiped away the remaining tears and took a breath. “This day has been tear-able.”

A moment of silence.

And then, Logan chuckled. It was small at first, but as he dwelled further into the joke he broke into a fit of laughter.

A laughter so soft yet cute, Patton flushed pink but his heart was soaring.

Logan rarely laughed, it was something that he never usually did. But his laughter was so bright and cherry that Patton couldn't help but to also start laughing.

And soon, both traits were laughing.

Laughing like nothing was wrong.

And everything was okay again, there's wasn't anymore tears to shed, no more whimpers or sobs.

Everything was okay.

And they were happy.