(Logicality) fever kisses

Logan sighed in content, he sat comfortably on the couch with a warm mug of coffee in one hand and a thick book in the other, the weather outside was hectic, a harsh and bitter cold made it impossible for anyone of them to go out, but despite that Logan found it aesthetically pleasing to read on such a time, and that wasn't even the best part of it.

The soft and slow steady breathing of his boyfriend underneath him was what made the experience better, he settled his mug on the small table beside the couch and tangled his fingers within Patton's hair. “I told you not to play in the rain yesterday didn't I?” Logan sighed. “Yeah...but it was fun while it lasted.” Patton sniffed and hugged his blanket tighter around his trembling figure. “What are you reading?” He asked after a moment of silence. “It's a romance fiction called 'The Wrath & the Dawn' it's really interesting.” Logan responded.

Patton looked up at him with hazy eyes, he had just taken a few spoonfuls of cold medicine and it made him feel drowsy, so he just watched as Logan read not daring to say another word more. “You're staring. I've seen the way you look at me when you think I don't notice.” Logan mumbled, feeling Patton's eyes on him, and moved his gaze to meet with his own taking notice of how loopy he looked. “Oh, you should really get some rest.” He suggested and rested his hand against his forehead. “Your fever is going down so that's a good sign.” He muttered mostly to himself.

Patton giggled at him and clasped onto his wrist. “It's really cold, feels nice. Know what else would be nice? A kiss.” He stated. “You're delusional, get some sleep.” Logan demanded. “I will, for a kiss.” Patton sheepishly grinned at him. “That's not going to happen, you're sick and I'd rather not get your illness.” Logan refused his somewhat tempting offer, Patton pouted and tugged at his arm. “Please!” He whined in a pleading tone. “Patton please.” Logan frowned and tried to continue where he left off in his book.

Patton huffed and let go of his arm easily giving up, if he weren't sick he'd pounce on Logan and kiss him anyways, but he could barely move his arms and his body felt like lead so the only thing he could do was lie there miserably, though he did enjoy resting his head on Logan's lap it was really comforting and sometimes he would mindlessly stroke his hair which would almost lull him to sleep. “I can't sleep without a goodnight kiss.” Patton mumbled and weakly tugged at his arm once more.

Logan rolled his eyes. “Patton whining will get you nowhere, and I've already told you that if I kiss you I will get sick and I really don't want that.” He stated in a matter-of-fact tone, Patton sighed and turned on his side looking away from Logan. “...just once?” He asked one more time, when he got no response he curled in on himself and unwillingly drifted off into a feverish sleep.

A long while later, when Logan heard his soft snores he sighed in relief and once again checked his temperature. “Perhaps a light meal would make him feel better, or a cool bath?” He hummed in thought and set his book beside him and pulled the blanket up to Patton's chin, he froze when he noticed the crystal like tears rolling down his flushed cheeks, his heart ached at the sight and he soothingly rubbed his arm up and down in an attempt to comfort him. “Everything is okay Patton, please don't cry love.” He whispered to him.

Patton soon stirred and when he realized what was happening he covered his face with the blanket shielding himself from Logan's gaze. “Give me a moment to put on my happy face.” He whimpered. “Patton...” Logan frowned and pulled the blanket down to reveal the crying trait. “Please talk to me.” He reached out to caress his hair, Patton covered his face with his hands. “You don't like how I am now, so please give me a moment.” He said in a muffled voice.

“Where in the world did you get that idea from?” Logan asked bewildered. “I look horrible since I'm sick, that's why you won't kiss me.” He sniffed, Logan froze and deadpanned. “You can't be serious.” He groaned, but he mostly blamed his fever for the way he was acting. “Patton you are not ugly, and most certainly I do not hate you because you're sick and or look ill, I love you no matter what.” He sat him up and pried his hands away from his face.

Logan gave him a small smile and placed a kiss on his warm cheek. “There, will that make you feel better?” He asked and wiped away his remaining tears, Patton wiped at his eyes and nodded. “You are really a handful when you're sick.” Logan admitted and pressed the back of his hand against his cheek. “You barely slept too, Patton if you don't rest I'll have to make you, and I'd rather not do that.“ Logan said. “It's uncomfortable, I can't sleep without cuddling something or someone.” Patton huffed and crossed his arms.

Logan rolled his eyes. “Okay fine, let's go then.” Logan suggested and rose from his spot on the couch, Patton lied there and stared at him with a small pout. “What's wrong?” Logan asked suddenly. “...carry me?” Patton asked quietly, his face becoming a darker shade of pink, Logan nearly laughed at the request and happily scooped Patton up into his arms, Patton mischievously giggled and immediately wrapped his arms around Logan's neck.

He leaned forward, but then he stopped, he looked into Logan's now wide and alert eyes and felt a pang of guilt in his chest he tore away from his gaze and pressed his forehead against his shoulder instead of kissing him, Logan was a little surprised he expected Patton to kiss him, but when he didn't he was left shocked he simply shook it off and trudged up the stairs keeping a tight and secure grip on the trait in his arms.

Instead of going to Patton's room Logan went to his own room and tucked Patton in on his bed. “Rest well.” He whispered to him and was about to turn away so that he could return to his book, but a hand grabbed onto his wrist he jumped and looked over his shoulder. “Can you stay?” Patton asked flustered “Please?” He whispered his plea.

And Logan suddenly knew he couldn't say no anymore, he climbed into bed beside the sick trait and pulled the blanket so that it fully covered Patton. “Earlier when I carried you, you forgot something”  Logan said to him, Patton gave him a confused look. “wha?—” He was cut off when a pair of lips captured his own, he flinched at the sudden kiss, but then he eased into the kiss and leaned in closer. They both pulled away and Patton immediately gasped and covered his mouth. “Logan, you'll get sick!” He shrieked.

Logan shrugged and wrapped his arms around him. “I got tired of holding back.” He admitted. “It was worth it, anyways when I get sick you have to promise to take care of me too.” He warned jokingly and hugged him. “I'm always taking care of you no matter what Logi,” Patton proclaimed and cuddled him. “cause I love you...” He yawned.

Logan smiled, even if he was disrupted of his quiet reading time he was happy to be with Patton sick and all. “I love you too, now go to sleep.” He demanded, there was a long pause before Patton quietly giggled breaking the silence. “I will....” He said, “for a kiss.”