(Logicality) sick day

Logan knew something was off as soon as he woke up. Him and Patton had been sleeping together ever since they declared their love for each other, and ever since Logan had gotten used to waking up with Patton's arms wrapped around him.

But today Logan felt cold.

There was no arms wrapped securely around him, and that worried him.

He turned on his side and was met with a worrying sight. There Patton lied with his back to him. He was curled up in a ball and he seemed to be trembling even with all the blankets he had over him. Logan frowned and placed a hand on his shoulder, he then proceeded to wake him by gently shaking him.

“Patton, love can you wake up for me?” He whispered to him in a soft, soothing tone. Patton whined and groggily turned on his side so that he was now facing Logan, he open his glassy eyes for a quick moment before dozing back to sleep.

The first thing that Logan noticed was his flushed face, and his dry parted lips. He lightly brushed his cheek and forehead with the back of his hand and immediately knew what was wrong.

Fever.

His frown grew and he softly ran his fingers through his boyfriend's messy hair. “You've been working yourself too hard dear.” He mumbled in a scolding tone. But as Logan further examined him he noticed the shortness of breath and the cold sweat on his temple. He immediately conjured a glass and pitcher of water and attempted to once again wake Patton up. “Come on love, I know you're tired but I need you to drink some water for me. After that I promise you can go back to sleep.” His voice was thick with guilt.

Patton stirred once more and slowly sat up not really knowing what was going on around him. Logan grabbed the glass of water from the nightstand and gently pressed it to his sick boyfriend's dry lips. “You have to stay hydrated.” He urged him to drink. When Patton got a grasp of things he weakly held the glass and tilted his head up, with just a few gulps the water was gone. He handed the glass back to Logan before he lied down and cuddled with his pillow quickly falling back to sleep.

Logan sighed in relief and kissed his extremely warm cheek before he set the glass back down and left to retrieve some items. When he returned he sat by Patton's side and pressed a damp washcloth against his forehead and then repeated the process with his wrists and the nape of his neck which earned him a small whimper from the sick trait. “I know it's cold, but it'll help break your fever.” Logan apologized after that and set the materials aside.

Taking notice of the large amount of blankets Patton had wrapped around himself Logan felt a lump rise to his throat, and with a heavy heart he began to tug away the thick blankets until Patton was left with one thin blanket which allowed the heat to escape his fevered body. With such a thin blanket Patton had began to tremble violently, due to all the sweating, shivering was to be expected. Even so, it terribly broke Logan's heart. The last thing he wanted was to see Patton upset or hurt.

Eventually when Patton couldn't take it anymore he broke from his feverish sleep and felt around the bed. “Logi?” He called for him in a low hoarse voice. In an instant Logan took hold of his clammy hands and pressed them to his lips. “I'm here love.” He assured. Patton gave him a small smile and scooted closer to him. “Can we cuddle? Please? It's really cold.” He pleaded with a pout. Logan couldn't resist. He lied down beside him and pulled him closer, Patton immediately wrapped his arms around him and nuzzled against his chest sighing in relief when he no longer felt like he was freezing.

Logan could feel how bad Patton's fever was, just his body pressed against his own was enough to almost make him sweat. “How are you feeling?” He asked as he once again ran his fingers through his hair. “My throat hurts...” Patton mumbled and nuzzled against him. “And my body aches. Is that normal?” He clung to him and shivered. Logan checked him over. “You're sweating, so that's a good sign. Are you hungry?” Patton turned green at the mention of eating, he shook his head and let his eyes slide close.

Logan pulled the blanket up to his chin and kissed his cheek. “Just get a lot of rest. You'll feel better soon.” He promised. Patton smiled and yawned, his cheek was pressed against Logan's chest, his ear over his heart. Logan held him close, but still made sure that he wasn't too warm. “I'll be here when you wake up. I love you.” Patton weakly smiled and gave him a soft squeeze. “I love you too.”

And soon, they both fell asleep with small content smiles on their faces.