Whumptober day 21 (harsh wheather)

Q: have you ever had an encounter with a ghost?

Pairing: DLAMP/CALMD

Deceit, believe it or not, was afraid of storms.

This storm in particular was no normal storm, it was harsher, dangerous, terrifying.

Rain and harsh wind, trees falling, streets flooding.

Deceit, in his cold room. Trembling. Alone.

Meanwhile the four sides were huddled up against each other on the couch with mugs of hot chocolate in their hands and warm cozy blankets wrapped around them. Virgil loved storms so this didn't bother him, and Logan found storms to be quite interesting. Roman didn't enjoy storms, but he wasn't afraid of them, he was just upset that he was not able to go out.

Patton was a little skeptical when it came to storms, he was afraid, but with his boyfriends surrounding him he felt safe. He was okay.

Of course their own was short-lived when the power suddenly went out and a small, terrified shriek, was heard from a room at the end of the hall. The sides looked at each other, sharing confused expressions and Roman was the first to stand. “Sounds like someone's in danger.” He claimed. “Oh no I hope they're not hurt.” Patton frowned and scooted closer to Virgil who yawned tiredly and leaned against him. “You do you, it's probably Remy, you know how he gets when his Shane Dawson videos are interrupted.” He explained.

Logan hummed. “No, it's the afternoon, he's probably asleep still.” He retorted. “Right.” Virgil nodded. “Then who can it—” Patton gasped. “Dee.” He said. The others stiffened. “Right, let's find him.” Roman demanded, the other three got to their feet, “He'll be in his room, he's just like me, he won't come out unless it's available necessary.” Virgil explained. The others nodded and together they walked down the now eerily dark hall, Patton held Virgil's hand while Logan stood close to Roman.

When they made it to the dark painted door Roman was the first to knock. A sharp cry came from the other side of the door and shuffling soon after, and then it went quiet again. Patton pursed his lips, his eyebrows knitted together in worry. “Will it be rude to just barge in?” He questioned anxiously. Roman pondered for a moment until he sighed and opened the door, it opened with a dull creak, revealing the dark and gloomy room.

And there, in the far corner, was Deceit. Huddled up against the corner, his arms wrapped around his trembling figure. Logan held his hand up, stopping Roman where he stood. “We don't want to startle him any more than he already is.” He said. Roman paused. “We can't just leave him like that.” He argued. “...alright, but approach him cautiously.” Logan gave in and allowed his boyfriend's to  approach Deceit.

Patton shuffled wearily behind Roman and quietly cleared his throat which of course startled the scared trait. “Hey Dee it's okay it's just us.” Patton assured calmly. The snakelike trait raised his head slowly and wiped away his stray tears. “W...what is it? What do you want?” He mumbled. “We want to help.” Roman replied and kneeled in front of Deceit. “You're part of Thomas now, which means you're one of us too.” Virgil explained as he stood in front of him. Deceit flinched as the thunder outside grew louder.

“I....” He huffed.

“I hate it.” He admitted wearily. “I'm afraid.”

Logan frowned. “The storm?” He questioned. Deceitful looked down and nodded. “I know it's ridiculous, pitiful, stupid.” He grumbled and gripped at the fabric of his pants. A hand reached for his own and he quickly backed away, when he looked back up he was met with Patton giving him a small reassuring smile. “It's okay, it's not stupid to be scared, I'm scared of them too.” He explained. Deceit felt his face heat up, he cleared his throat and looked away from the moral trait.

Patton giggled and took both his hands. “Come, you can cuddle with us! The lights went out, but we can still have fun. We can play games or tell stories.” He offered, for a minute Deceit felt a smile tug at his lips but he quickly stopped himself and regained his composure. “Okay.” He agreed and was pulled up from his spot on the ground when Patton stood.

And sure enough Deceit found himself in between Virgil and Logan, swaddled in blankets, fighting off a smile as Roman spoke about his journey in the imagination. And when it was time to get to bed everyone was too tired to go to their rooms so they all agreed to sleep in the living room, cuddled up against each other. Logan had Virgil at his side and Patton on the other while Roman practically had Deceit on his chest. “Goodnight Deceit.” Patton yawned.

“Demetri....” The dark trait replied.

“What was that?” Logan sat up.

Deceit smiled. “My name,” He yawned.

“It's Demetri.” And then he drifted off.

(I just came up with his name, I thought it fit him, this is not official, just thought it'd be a cute name to give him)