(Analogical) bed time cuddles

Requested by FandomsUnited_Always hope you like it! Sorry for the wait

Virgil had had enough, he was sick and tired of falling asleep all by himself, he missed cuddling with his boyfriend that he grew restless. No matter how much he tried to tire himself out nothing seemed to work for him, he needed the comfort of another person's skin, a touch, a loving kiss. Someone to hold him and ward off the nightmares.

He huffed and begrudgingly climbed out of his bed, nearly tripping when his blanket got all tangled up with his legs. He exhaled and balled his hands into tight fists, he ripped the blanket away and stormed out of the room. Downstairs Logan sat on the couch with a laptop on his lap and his fingers hovering above the keys. He groaned and removed his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose, he squeezed his eyes and took a deep breath before slipping his glasses back on.

It was already midnight and all Virgil wanted was to cuddle, he trudged over to his boyfriend and placed a hand on his shoulder startling the intellectual trait, when Logan turned to face him the dark trait frowned. “You startled me.” Logan sighed, Virgil whined and tugged at his arm. “It's midnight, I'm alone, I can't sleep, and I need you.” He said, Logan froze and furrowed his brows. “Is something bothering you?” He asked. Virgil nodded. “Yeah, you're not with me.” He replied.

“Look I know I'm not one of the funnest trait's to hang out with, heck I think you're insane for even dating me, but all I ask for is a cuddle every now and then you know?” He hugged himself in a protective manner. “I'm not as heartless as people think I am.” He uttered. Logan shut his computer off and with a heavy heart invited Virgil in for a hug, something that he never did.

Virgil hesitated for a moment trying to blink away the sting of tears behind his eyes, he sniffed and jumped into his arms wrapping his arms around him digging his nails into his back. Logan hugged him tight carding his fingers through the anxious trait's disheveled hair. “I'm sorry Virgil, I should've paid more attention to you. I've hurt you and you've been hurting for a while.” His voice swelled with regret, Virgil shrugged and buried his face in Logan's shirt breathing in his scent.

Logan looked at the time that hung on the wall and scooped his boyfriend into his arms, Virgil had no time to protest and instead let him carry him. “Is there anything you want? Anything at all?” Logan offered. “I just want to sleep with you, nothing else, just cuddle and sleep. I always sleep better when I'm with you.” It was true, Virgil was always less anxious with Logan around him, and it was scientifically proven that cuddles, or hugs, reduced stress and anxiety.

And even if the others saw Logan as an emotionless robot, Virgil knew that he was just as emotional as Patton. Logan was just more serious at times and he worried more about things, it was what made him logic. Logan kissed the top of his head and carried him upstairs to his room, there he tucked him in bed pulling the blanket up to his chest and climbed in with him. Virgil turned on his side and scooted over to cuddle against Logan who in return wrapped his arms around him and held him in a warm and secure embrace.

Virgil sighed and rested his head against his chest listening to his slow and steady heartbeat. “How are you so damn comfortable!?” Virgil asked bewildered and nuzzled his face in his chest, Logan chuckled and set his glasses on the nightstand beside the bed. “Goodnight.” He whispered pulling him even closer than before. Virgil yawned and let his heavy lids drop. “Night...” He mumbled, suddenly groggy, and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Logan was surprisingly the first one to wake up, the small trait shifted in his arms and took fistfuls of his shirt mumbling a few slurred words before quieting down. Logan wanted to stay there forever, he checked the time, it was still too early. He was grateful for that and lied there peacefully finally having free time to just relax with his boyfriend with him.

And when the time came for Logan to leave he slowly sat up and tried to climb out of bed without disturbing the other, but a pair of arms wrapped around his torso and pulled him back down. “Who said you could leave?” Virgil asked with a yawn and pulled Logan closer to him. “Today you're my prisoner.”