(Royality) a happy family

Requested by GlassWolf48 I'm so sorry for the long wait! 

Roman watched as his husband sat glumly at the table silently picking at his food, they had both been missing something in their lives. They had each other, and they took care of a cute dog. But even so everything was just so...

Empty.

Roman sighed and sat next to his husband taking hold of his hand, they had both recently been talking about children. At first they thought about getting a surrogate, but Patton then brought up adoption. Many children didn't have parents or a home, some were abused or given away. They were in need of a home. And Patton being Patton he wanted to adopt a child instead, he wanted to give them a place they could call home.

After talking and discussing about it weeks on end Roman finally had an answer, he looked at Patton who sighed and leaned his head against his shoulder. “Patton sweetie?” Roman whispered to him. “Yes love?” The other replied and looked at him. “Let's go adopt a kid.” Roman smiled, Patton gasped and straightened his posture. “Really? Do you really mean it!?” He asked curiously.

Roman chuckled and nodded. “Let's start a family together. I think we're ready.” Patton leapt up and smiled widely at his husband. “Let's go!” He shouted and tugged at his arm, Roman laughed and got up practically being dragged away by an overexcited Patton, outside Roman stumbled over his feet and begged Patton to slow down fearing that he would end up falling flat on his face.

When said male did so he whined and pouted at Logan. “I'm sorry, I'm just so excited! I'm also really...scared. Oh gosh why am I scared? This is normal right? I-Is it okay to feel like this?” Patton suddenly let go oh Roman's arm, he pursed his lips and paced back and forth around the parking lot. He rubbed his arm, something he did when he got overly anxious, till his skin got agitated and swelled pink.

Roman immediately took hold of his hands and stopped him from hurting himself any further. “It's okay to feel the way you're feeling sweetheart. It's going to be okay I promise.” Roman smiled and pulled him into a kiss, and once they were both calm they pulled away and smiled at each other as they climbed into the car.

---------------

Patton shifted from side to side. “Now I'm really nervous.” He mumbled taking hold of Roman's hand, “It'll be okay cookie. We'll have a family before you know it.” He reassured, Patton nodded and nearly jumped when the door of the small office they waited in slammed open revealing a smiling woman. “Thank you for confirming your paperwork. I'll take you to see the children now.” She stated and urged the couple to follow her.

Patton leapt to his feet and stood behind Roman who followed the woman, Patton grasped onto his arm and pressed himself against his husband's back. “Patton darling there's nothing to be scared of.” Roman chuckled, from afar the sound of screaming and laughing could be heard. Patton perked up and quietly gasped, the woman opened a large door and revealed many children running around and laughing, some were playing tag with others and some played with toys.

Patton smiled and resisted the urge to squeal, Roman urged him to follow and together they went over to a small table surrounded by children who now stared at them with wide curios eyes. They both sat at the table trying to strike up a conversation with the children around them, but when they did the children either got bored with them or ignored them, some older children also seemed to be uncomfortable around the pair.

And so the couple moved on to another section of the large room repeating their attempts to talk with the children all ending with the same result, Patton sighed and looked down at his hands anxiously twiddling with his thumbs. “Maybe we're not meant to have children? I'm sorry Roman, I really am.” He apologized in a guilt stricken tone, “I promised we'd be happy and make a family together, but I can't even do that. I'm a horrible husband Roman, and I'm so sorry for letting you down.” He wiped at his glossed eyes.