(Moxiety) Closer

Requested by ThisIsntGospel7076 I'm so sorry it's a little late, I hope it's acceptable. (okay, the real reason I've been slacking is because I have just barely been introduced to Harry Potter and I'm already on the last book. I am emotionally drained (╥_╥) )

Virgil hated being treated as though he were a child. He wanted to be treated as an equal, someone who was understood and taken seriously.

But, he never meant to hurt Patton. That was the last thing he wanted.

I don't always like when you talk about me like I'm some...innocent, harmless angel.”

His words replayed in his mind, and Patton's reaction, he looked baffled at first, and then he looked as though he were trying to hold himself together. His face was painfully stretched into a smile despite the almost pained expression he held. Virgil felt something squeeze his heart and he felt sick, he lied on his bed and groaned as he tried not to dwell on it.

He felt so guilty, Patton always took care of him, always made sure he was healthy and happy, always took his side and defended him. And this was how he repaid him? With heartbreak and abandonment?

Virgil was utterly sick with himself, sick with the person he had become. How could he be so selfish? Of course, he knew he needed to be more than just 'kiddo' and 'Thomas's anxiety' he wanted to make a name for himself, to redeem himself. He wanted to grow up.

Eventually he knew he couldn't stay as Patton's kiddo for long, and there was a pretty logical explanation as to why he chose to change himself.

He was in love with Patton. So how could he love Patton if he still saw him as a little kitten unable to fend for himself? He never wanted this to be something that hurt Patton. Never.

In fact, he was doing this for Patton, to be closer than they already were. How would he be able to feel comfortable with Patton if he still saw him as his kiddo? As a son. Just the thought of it was enough to weird him out. He didn't want that.

He wanted more, he really, really, wanted to be close to Patton. But the process was hurting him in ways he never expected to be, he thought what he had said was for the best, he thought Patton would understand what he wanted to do. He thought this was the way to success. The way to Patton's heart.