(Logicality) lost and found

Patton breathed raggedly as he frantically searched all over his room, his clothes that were once in his closet were strewn on the floor. His blankets, pillows, and plushies piled up in one corner. He would've torn the curtains down too if it weren't for Logan who had appeared as soon as he heard a loud thump, the noise being a drawer from Patton's dresser, the panicking trait now emptied out all contents of his drawer, still he had not found what he was looking for.

Logan rushed to his aid and kneeled down in front of him gently taking a firm hold of his shoulders to catch his attention. “Patton.” His voice was thick with concern. When Patton looked at him his eyes were dull and glazed over, tears had built up in them and his chest rose and fell in an irregular rhythm. His breaths were merely short gasps and he was trembling.

Logan held a calm composure and stroked his messy hair back. “Is this okay?” He asked cautiously, Patton took a short stuttering breath and nodded quickly. Logan sighed. “May I hug you?” He then asked after he was certain Patton was comfortable enough to be touched or embraced. Patton froze and reached for Logan's hands before he nodded allowing him to do so.

Logan reluctantly let go of his trembling hands and wrapped his arms around the sniffling male. “Talk to me, what is it that's causing you this trouble?” Logan asked curiously, running his fingers through his hair as he spoke, Patton took a proper breath before speaking. “I-I lost the hoodie you gave me.” He whispered. Logan was surprised by the cause of Patton's distress, had him losing a simple piece of clothing really damaged him that much? Did it really mean that much to him?

“It calms me down, and keeps me warm and happy. It was a gift from you too so it was really special to me.” Patton explained with a cracking voice. “And I lost it.” He was once again on the verge of tears, Logan rubbed his back and shushed him. “What if I help you look for it? Would that make you feel better?” The intellectual trait offered. Patton perked up and met with his eyes giving him a look of surprise. “Really?” He questioned.

Logan nodded and gently cupped his cheek wiping away a stray tear. “Really.” He assured and stood from the ground pulling the fatherly figment with him. Together hand in hand they cleaned up Patton's room checking and re-checking any piece of clothing that Patton had thrown on the floor. When the room was all clean there was still no sign of the hoodie anywhere, Patton sighed and slumped his shoulders in defeat.

Logan rested a comforting hand on his shoulder. “It's alright, it must be here somewh—” Suddenly there was a frantic knock at the door startling the pair. Patton hesitantly went to answer it with Logan close behind him, there at the foot of the door stood the dashing prince, his face had a few scratches and bruises his clothing was ripped, tattered, and dirty. “Hey padre, so before you freak out I got something for you.” Roman revealed Patton's cat hoodie still in tact, albeit a few rips were here and there but it was nothing Patton couldn't fix.

Patton gasped and took his hoodie from the princes hands. “Oh my goodness you found it!” He pressed it to his chest, forgetting his distress, before he gave the prince a big hug as a token of his gratitude, that and a promise of a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies just for him. Logan would've been lying to himself if he said that he wasn't at least a bit jealous when Patton embraced Roman and kissed him on the cheek before they pulled back from the hug.

But before Roman took his leave he looked at Logan and winked at him, and then he closed the door now leaving him and Patton alone once more. “Hey Logi can you help me put it on?” Patton asked with a blush rising to his cheeks. Logan knew Patton was well capable of dressing himself, but he did not refuse the offer. Instead he gratefully accepted and helped Patton by pulling the hoodie over his head, his arms were raised and he looked like a child waiting for a hug.

Patton sighed in relief and hugged himself. “I'm so glad...” He mumbled and smiled at Logan. “Thank you for calming me down. I really lost it back there.” Patton gave a nervous chuckle. “Patton.” Logan cleared his throat. “If you ever need company or someone to talk to, I'll always be here for you.” He stated. “I truly do care about you, quite a lot if I'm being honest.” He anxiously tugged at the collar of his shirt. “Maybe...a bit too much to call it friendly.” He admitted, blotches of pink colored his cheeks.

Patton gasped and felt his own face heat up, he smiled at Logan and shifted his weight. “I-I care about you too. A lot.” He uttered and twisted the hem of his hoodie. Logan grabbed his hands and Patton looked at him with a dark blush. “Is it okay for me to hold your hands like this?” He asked curiously. Patton nodded. Logan sighed in relief and then he looked very flustered. “I-Is it okay for me to...to kiss you?” He whispered.

Patton giggled at his flustered state and nodded once more giving him his consent. Logan returned the smile and pressed his lips against his own. A spark was exchanged between the two and Patton could feel something stir within his chest filling his heart up to the brim with something warm and fuzzy. Logan moved his hands to Patton's waist and pulled him closer so that the kiss would last longer.

He loved the feelings he was experiencing for the first time and the last thing he wanted was to lose the feelings. So he held Patton close loving the way his hand fit perfectly in his own, and how his lips moved with his in sync like they were made for each other and each other only.

When the pulled away to catch their breath Logan looked at Patton, really looked at him, admiring how cute he looked in his cat hoodie. Taking notice of the pink tint in his cheeks, his hair messy, his soft breaths. Logan loved him and he wanted everyone to know. “Patton.” He started, feeling his chest tighten. “I love you Patton.” He breathed. “I really do love you.” He enjoyed the way those words rolled off his tongue.

Patton smiled brightly, something that drove Logan insane, and he tackled Logan with a huge embrace burying his face in his shirt. “I love you too!” He exclaimed happily. The couple stayed together in each others arms, Logan felt like he was holding the entire world in his arms, when they separated they shared a short kiss. “Good thing I lost my hoodie huh?” Patton joked. “I suppose, it did help you and I find something.” Logan replied.

Patton held Logan's hands, something he'd never thought he'd be able to do, and he smiled. “I guess it did.”