(Prinxiety) wish you were here

Virgil sighed and felt a small glum smile tug at his lips. “Dad is doing great, Logan is taking good care of him so you don't have to worry.” He explained. Roman chuckled. “It's my job to worry. C'mon Virge, no matter what I'll always be protective over you guys.” He stated.

Virgil pulled his knees to his chest leaning against a cold stone. “Yeah I know, it's pretty dumb.” He said, Roman gasped, offended, “I'm kidding. But you don't always have to be watching over us like we're defenseless babies.." Virgil swallowed the lump in his throat before he spoke again. “We'll be fine on our own.” He reassured.

Roman smiled. “Are you really sure? I mean I'm the prince I'm supposed to protect you guys.” He replied. Virgil nodded. “You were supposed to, but I think you've done more than enough.” His voice wavered, and suddenly the two went quiet, like a thick blanket of silence was draped over them.

Virgil was the one to break it, he took a deep shaky breath feeling the familiar sting of tears behind his eyes. “Roman...” He whispered.

“Yeah?”

“I wish you were here...”

Silence.

Virgil stood and faced the stone he was leaning against feeling warm tears dripping from his face.

There inscribed on the stone read.

In memory of Roman Sanders.
A friend, A brother, A lover.
A hero.

Virgil flinched as he heard a faint voice whispering to him.

“I'm always with you.”

A/N: I am so sorry this is literally my first time writing something so depressing.