chapter 2

_______
Claire's Pov.
_______

    For some odd reason, I couldn't take my mind off of him. It felt so wrong. He was my teacher, but he acted just like the rest of us. He was only seven years older than the rest of us as well. But could Madi be right? Could he have a thing for me as well? Pshh, Of couse not. I instantly took the thoughts out of my head. As I walked down the corridor to get to our lockers, for me to pick up my bag from it, Madi was dabbling on about Colton. She had a huge crush on him, but she didn't think he had the same feeling towards her... which of course made Madi go crazy. 

   Eventually we parted ways and I climbed into my car and started driving home. I pulled up to an empty driveway, mom must have left for a meeting this afternoon. And dad well, he was always gone. Working in different cities all the time. I walked in and threw my keys on the bowl that was by the door where we put in our keys. I then left my bag on the stairs not really carring.

   I walked into the kitchen and searched the refrigerator for something to ear at the moment. I didn't eat anything that was given out at school. The only thing that was in here was leftover Chinese from the night before. I grimaced looking at the leftover lo mein noodles that sat in there causal white container. So, as I searched around for something else, I finally decided to just call Jamie to go to the local pizza shop and have lunch with him. Its been a really long time since I've spent some quality time with him. He was one of the people who worried about me last year. 

    _

I pulled up into the pizzeria place and instantly recognized Jamie's truck parked out front. I parked next to him and smiled. He was wearing a gray Beanie, with a turquoise looking button up over a gray shirt and blue jeans. 

  He smirked at me. "Hey Claire." 

 "Hey Jamie!" I smiled and gave him a tight hug.

 We eventually walked in and took out seats in a booth towards the back. It honestly felt good to me roaming out and about again. It felt as if I haven't been out of my house in over a year. It felt good to be back around Jamie. He always seemed to have a smile plastered on his face.  His happiness never seemed to amaze me. 

  "So how was your first day? Anyone give you any trouble?" He asked sincerely. 

  "No, Nothing to bad. Pretty much an okay day." I said to him. 

   He nodded and we finally ordered our pizza, and we talked for awhile. After a little time the bell to the entrance rang and I didn't pay much to it putting all of my focus on Jamie. I stood up and got ready to leave. I shrugged off my keys put of my purse, and before I knew it I slammed into someone causing me to drop my purse my purse with everything dropping to the floor as well. 

  "Shit." I cursed at a whisper, as I bent down to start picking up all of my belongings that were now spread across the floor.

   "I'm sorry. Let me help you with that." I heard a familiar deep voice say from above me as he bent down to help me. I looked up to see who it was. Mr.Dolan .  I almost felt embarrassed as I flashed back to all of my thoughts from earlier. He looked more, relaxed. His blue button-up shirt was now replaced by a sweatshirt. He let out a small laugh as he handed me the last thing that had to be put into my purse, A pack of tic-tacs. 

   "Oh surprise surprise. Miss.Winter fancy running into you in here. Are you okay?" He said with a smirk.

   "Well Hi to you to umm, Mr.Dolan." I said sort of jumbled up with my own thoughts. 

   "Alright good. But outside of school you really don't have to call me 'Mr.Dolan'. My name's Ethan." 

   "Yeah, and it not Miss.Winter or Clarissa, Claire is nice." I told him smirking. 

   "Well, Clarissa. It was nice running into you. Literally." He chuckled. "I will see you in school tomorrow." He said and walked off. I nodded as he walked out of the pizzeria with his pizza squared box in his hands. 

   I looked over at Jamie to see his eyebrows raised at me. I gave him a questioning look. 

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked me. 

   I shrugged, "I have no idea what your talking about." I said trying to avoid admittance. 

"It was nice running into you today." He mocked our math teacher.

I started to giggle. "He's just friendly Jamie. What would he want with me anyway?" I asked.

  "I was just making observations." I don't know what I'm talking about." He said sarcastically. 

 I shook my head at him as we walked to the parking lot together. "I'll see you tomorrow Jamie! Text me later. Love you!" I said as I climbed into the driver's seat of my car and headed home. 

_

  My mum's car was finally in the driveway when I got home. I walked through the door and once again put my keys in the dowl. 

  "Mom?!" I yelled through the house.

  " in the laundry room honey." She yelled back to me. I walked through the hallway past the kitchen into the next hallway where the laundry room was at. I smiled as I leaned up against the door casually. She put clothes in the dryer and looked at me excitedly. 

" It was boring mom,"I told her before she even got a chance to even ask the question.

  "Nothing fun seriously Claire? No cute boys? No New Friends? Nothing?" She asked me. 

  When she sent this I instantly thought with Mr.Dolan. Did he count? Of course. "Not not that I noticed." I shrugged. 

  "Well, that stinks. I have some good news for you that's really exciting! Your father I mean your dad is coming home this Friday!"  she said with the a bright smile. I nodded my head. I learned that I should have given up my hopes up in this is because my dad has always canceled on us for visiting. 

  " Are you sure Mum? Is it actually going to happen?"  I asked her none constantly.

   "That's exactly what he said. I know that you don't get as excited as you have before because he has canceled so many times but, this time he says that it's real, he's actually coming." She told me. " and guess what your brother is flying out here for over the weekend as well." She said clapping her hands. 

 An immediate smile came up on my face. "DD'S COMING?!" I cheered. 

  " I thought that would excite you bit more." She said.

 "Oh my god, this is gonna be so much fun." I said in the happiest tone I've had all day.

  Eventually, I ran upstairs to text Madi the great news. She loved all of her just as much as I do. But her kind of love isn't the same as mine. She had a huge crush on him since like forever.

   Soon I came down to my high and started on some homework that I had to do for some other classes. It's so stupid homework on the second day of school.