*Epilogue*

It's been a week since all of that happened, and a week since I've last talked or seen Ethan. I think this has been the longest we've gone without saying even a word or giving each other some kind of estranged stare. It may not have been much but like I said before, at least it was something. I've gone all week with my mind completely wrapped around what I should do. After hearing Madison explain to me what exactly happened at the party, I was astounded to hear that Ethan was a hundred percent there for me, although I had been so nasty to him lately.

Then I left him. Again. He didn't even bother trying to sleep next to me because he was watching his step. I'd give anything just to know what was going through his head right now. Did he want to be with me, or did he want to just move on?

It was Friday before graduation, and I was completely nervous. Madison was coming over later to help me rehearse for graduation. We have a specific way that we're doing things for the ceremony, and some of us were assigned for a certain category. It will all make more sense when the time comes around.

"So..." She said a bit hesitantly, "I ran into Ethan at the mall yesterday. He was with some guy and his girlfriend." I immediately thought of Grayson and Peyton.

"Yeah?" I tried to act uninterested as I folded laundry my mom had set on my bed.

"Yeah.." She looked at me with sadness." He wanted me to give you something."

I instantly turned to face her, "What?"

She took out a folded note and handed it to me, "he said he keeps this in his pocket whenever he leaves the house, just in case he ran into you. I guess I was the closest he could get."

I sat down on my bed, looked at her confused and I opened the note. My diamond necklace fell out of it and on to my lap.

Claire,

I haven't been able to stop thinking about you.

But, you probably already knew that. I'm giving

you your necklace back because whether you love me

or not, it's yours. I'd like to talk to you when you're ready

I miss you, and I love you. Hope you're doing okay.

I never thought that a week without you would be so

much fucking torture. See you at graduation. Xx

--E-tee-we-tee- Ethan

There were tears in my eyes as I handed Madison the paper, signaling for her to read it. She sat down beside me as her eyes scanned the note. Suddenly, her hand brushed my back trying to comfort me. Soon enough she left, and I was made to sit by myself in my room, where I reread his note over and over again.

--------------

Finally, I was waking up the morning of graduation. I took a long and hard look at the cap and gown that lied in the box on the footstool in my closet. It was all fully red with red, white and black teasel. I slid into my designer dress that Madison insisted on buying for me, along with black heeled boots. I curled my hair and grabbed the bag that my performance dress was in. I stared down at Ethan's notes and the necklace that lied beside it. I debated with myself for a long time whether or not to wear it to my graduation or not.

Eventually, I gave in and clasped it around my neck in a swift movement before I changed my mind.

My mom soon knocked on my door, and as she opened it, I noticed how dressed up she was. She was in a reserved tan dress, with nice matching heels. I smiled at her, and she did the same as she stared down at my dress.