Chapter 24

Previously On Him...

"I've never stopped loving you. . . I made some horrible Mistakes and I'm so sorry for that, but please stop pushing me away." His eyes were glazing over and redder than I wanted to even picture.

"What do you want me to do Connor? I'm in love with Ethan, and there's nothing anyone can do about it."

"I think you're wrong." He he had a devilish look on his face and before I could grasp what could have been roaming through his mind, he showed me exactly what his plans were. He smashed his lips to mine, furiously.

"I think You two should get back to lunch now." Ethan said sourly.

"Detention after school, Winter." Ms.Wolff said as she walked back into the school. I stared up at Ethan, feeling completely defeated.

"You'll be okay." Ethan said with a bright smile.

"Why are you so happy?" I said Confused.

He smirked, "Because I'm holding detention today."

"I have an idea, but you might not like it."

I looked at him puzzled, "What are you talking about?"

"I think you should date Connor." He said concisely.

"What?!" I asked.

_____________________________________________

My brow furrowed, "What? Are you kidding right now?"

"I'm not kidding, I'm not breaking up with you, but if you started hanging out with Connor more, than you and I have a better chance of getting off the hood with the people in school who might be a little suspicious of us."

"You want me to fake date Connor?" I asked, attempting to let it register in my head.

He nodded, "Just for a little while. To get people off our trail."

"I can't do that to him, E. That would kill him if he found out I was using him like that."

"I think it might be one of the only way you and I to be together. If people think you're dating Connor, then they'll pay more attention to your relationship rather than ours." He looked at me persuasively. I knew he was right, But I didn't know if I could do this to Connor, honestly.

"What about when it comes to kissing and. . .Other stuff." I said shying around the subject.

"I know you'll have to kiss publicly for it to seem real for everyone else. But as for the rest, please try to keep it to a minimum."

"Ethan, I lost my v-card to Connor, We're past that awkward stage. What if he tries to do something?" I bit my lip, nervousness taking over my body at the thoughts of Connor in bed with me again, it made my stomach turn and my throat to dry up a bit. 

"Try holding it off for as long as possible. He cheated on you, Claire. Just remember that when he's trying to get in your pants." HE said. It was like that moment when someone rips the band-aid from your skin; He wasn't sugarcoating it at all. But once again, he had a point. If I can remember what he's done, it won't be hard for me to stop him in the heat of the moment.

"I trust you, Claire. If it came down to our relationship, I know you'd stop him. You want this just as much as I do. We just need to distract a few people."