chapter 3

Claire's Pov

     I woke up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I started on my daily routine. I knew there was heat surrounding Jersey and so I put on a pair of my black wripped shorts, and my pink cropped Floyd T-Shirt. I disided to ceep my hair natural so I just combed it down and letting it loose. I slippes on my black studded low-rise converse. I grabbed my backpack, my phone and was off downstairs. 

  I couldn't get the thought of my brother coming home the next day out of my head.I was just so exited to see him finally after so long!

_

  During my third period study hall I went to Mr.Gallagher again. I told him about my brother and my dad coming home over the weekend. Of course he knew I was ecstatic. But as the day went on my mood slowly but surely started to change. I went from excited to see my brother from nervous to see Mr.Cross. Every Time I was around him I felt my stomach turn into knots. 

   I walked into his classroom a bit slowly hoping I could waist the time there was spared until the bell rang. I wanted to avoid conversation with him as much as possible. His eyes met mine as I approached my seat. Once I sat down and looked up at him, his eyes were back to scanning over his paperwork, but he was shaking his head and smirking. I wondered what for. Bebe of the total clumsiness of my actions at the pizzeria last night. Maybe he looked at me like I was a child; looking at me in a way that says I'm foing to let her win. Like a little girl and her board games. Like acts of pity.

  The bell rang just as Madi Raced through the door and took a seat. I gave her a thumbs up once she looked at me. Mr.Dolan looked around the room at all of us. His eyes met mine and I went blank. Then he just looked away. 

  "Are you single?!" Some one blurded out. Mr.Dolan looked at them and smirked. 

   "Yes but that's none of you're business at the moment." He said. Then he walked over to his desk and wrote something down. He looked back at us and smiled. "Alright guys, I hate to break it to you but we have to start math today with no distractions." Mr.Dolan' eyes eyes and I smiled indecently.

   As Madi and I quietly giggled to each-other the rest of the class groaned at him. No one liked math, but practically for me I rather good at it. Especially since my last year I had a one-on-one time with Mr.Asshelment which got me to understand much better. But now he's  gone and I'm  worried. How was I every going to pay attention to anything Mr.Dolan said when all I could think about was his lips as he talked, or his hands as he wrote on the board. It seemed nearly impossible. Could I really be this attracted to my teacher? This was insane. It felt so right, to feel wrong.

  "Jamie, Nice of you to join us." Mr.Dolan had said bring me out of my reverie. I looked up to see Jamie walking inare and taking a seat behind me. As Mr.Dolan went back to teaching his lesson, I felt Jamie lean forwards toward me. 

  "You were gawking at him!" He whispered with a little laugh.

   "Was not!" I responded defensively.

   "Yes you were!" Madi chimed in. 

  I shook my head at both of them."Just write your damn notes."

  Taking it's the complete opposite way I ment it, Madi threw me a note. I looked at her and in annoyance. Madi gave me a cheeky smile and started actually writing some math notes in her spiral notebook. I open the paper, and we found each other passing note after note.

  Madi: You were so stairing at him.

  Me: Was not! He's our teacher Madi! Can we please move on.