The Angels Take Manhattan Pt. 1

*New York Central Park*

{Y/N}, the Doctor, Amy and Rory are picnicking near a Duck Pond, Rory and {Y/N} are laying down while the Doctor and Amy are sitting back to back.

"New York growled at my window, but I was ready for it. My stocking seams were straight, my lipstick was combat ready, and I was packing cleavage that could fell an ox at twenty feet" the Doctor says, {Y/N} looks up at him through her glasses.

"Doctor, you're doing it again," Amy says.

"I'm reading!"

"Aloud. Please, could you not?"

"There's something different about you, isn't there?"

"What's the book?" Rory asks.

"Melody Malone. She's a private detective in old town New York" the Doctor replies.

"She's got ice in her heart and a kiss on her lips, and a vulnerable side she keeps well hidden," Amy says.

"Oh, you've read it?" the Doctor asks.

"You read it. Aloud. And then went yowzah!" {Y/N} says.

"Only you could fancy someone in a book," Rory says.

"I'm just reading it. I just like the cover" the Doctor says.

"Ooo, can we see the cover?" Amy asks.

"No, no, I'm busy. It's your hair! Is it your hair?"

"Oh, shut up. It's the glasses. I'm wearing reading glasses now, on my nose, see? There you go."

"I don't like them. They make your eyes look all liney. No, actually, sorry. They're fine. Carry on."

"Ok, I'm going to go and get us some more coffee. Who wants more coffee? Me too. I'll go!" Rory says standing up.

"Rory, do I have noticeable lines on my eyes now?" Amy asks.

"Yes," the Doctor replies.

"No," Rory says.

"You didn't look," Amy says.

"I noticed them earlier. Didn't notice them. I specifically remember not noticing them."

"You walk among fire pits, Centurion."

"Do I have to come over there?"

"You can if you like."

"Well, we have company."

"I'll get a babysitter" Rory and Amy kiss.

"Oh, do you know, it is so humiliating when you do that," the Doctor says.

"Coffee?" Rory asks.

"Coffee."

"Can I have a go?" the Doctor puts on Amy's reading glasses "oh, actually, that is much better. That is exciting."

"Read to us," Amy says, {Y/N} laughs.

"I thought you didn't like my reading aloud."

"Shut up, and read us a story. Just don't go yowzah" {Y/N} says the Doctor chuckles and tears out the last page of his book.

"Why did you do that?" Amy asks.

"I always rip out the last page of a book. Then it doesn't have to end. I hate endings" he puts the page in the picnic basket then continues to read from the book "As I crossed the street, I saw the thin guy, but he didn't see me. I guess that's how it began" Rory is walking back with the coffees past a fountain with cherubs. After he has passed it, one of the cherubs is snarling, then it vanishes. A child laughs. Its giggles make Rory keep looking around "I followed the skinny guy for two more blocks before he turned and I could ask exactly what he was doing here. He looked a little scared, so I gave him my best smile and my bluest eyes" Amy is running to the different sides of the bridge.