The Day Of The Doctor Pt. 1

{A/N: Just a heads up there isn't going to be multiple '{Y/N}'s' as it might get confusing, but the other two Doctor's '{Y/N}'s' will be mentioned, the War Doctor's '{Y/N}' will be called -for obvious reasons- 'War {Y/N}' X3}

---

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one. Marcus Aurelius" Clara says, the end of class bell rings. A young man rushes in as the other students leave "have you been running?"

"Are you ok? There was a call for you at the office, from your doctor."

"Did he leave an address?" the man hands her a piece of paper. She grabs her motorcycle gear and leaves. The TARDIS is parked on the side of a lonely country road. Clara sounds her horn and drives straight at it. The doors open to let her in, the Doctor is reading a book on Advanced Quantum Mechanics and {Y/N} has a small device of sorts in her hand, she quickly shoves it in a draw.

"Draught," the Doctor says, Clara clicks her fingers and the doors close.

"Fancy a week in ancient Mesopotamia followed by future Mars?" {Y/N} asks walking down the stairs and to the console.

"Will there be cocktails?" Clara asks.

"On the Moon" {Y/N} replies.

"The Moon will do" the three laugh and hug, {Y/N} getting stuck in the middle.

"Come on guys! All the time!" {Y/N} says.

"How's the new job? Teach anything good?" the Doctor asks.

"No. Learn anything?" Clara asks.

"Not a thing" {Y/N} says, they high five. Alert. TARDIS interference detected.

"What's happening?" Clara asks.

"Whoa, whoa. We're taking off, but the engines aren't going" the Doctor says.

*Outside the White Tower*

"Hello? Kate Stewart's phone. Oh, hold on. Excuse me. Ma'am. Ma'am!"

"The ravens are looking a bit sluggish. Tell Malcolm they need new batteries" Kate says.

"It's him. Sorry, it's your personal phone, but, well, I recognised the ringtone. It's him, isn't it?" the female he gets a bit breathless as she hands the phone over to Kate.

"Inhaler" the female uses her inhaler "Doctor, hello. We found the TARDIS in a field. I'm having it brought in" Kate says

*TARDIS*

The Doctor is hanging out of the door, using the external emergency telephone.

"No kidding" he replies.

"Where are you?" he holds the phone up towards the helicopter as they fly up the Thames "oh, my god! Oh, Doctor, I'm so sorry. We had no idea you were still in there. Come on" the turn sends the Doctor out of the door. Clara manages to grab hold of his feet, she suddenly starts sliding forward if it weren't for {Y/N} who grabs Clara's feet "Doctor, can you hear me? I don't think he can hear me."

"Next time, would it kill you to knock?" {Y/N} asks.

"Ah, hello {Y/N}, I'm having you taken directly to the scene. Hello, are you ok?"

"Whoa! I'm just going to pop you on hold" {Y/N} readjusts her grip on Clara's feet, the changes position to hang onto the base of the Tardis with his hands.

"Doctor? {Y/N}?" Kate asks.

"Doctor!" Clara shouts.

*Trafalgar Square*

The Doctor drops down before the TARDIS is lowered to the ground and salutes Kate, her assistant and the squad of UNIT soldiers waiting.

"Why am I saluting?" the Doctor asks, {Y/N} and Clara exit the TARDIS.

"Doctor, as Chief Scientific Officer, may I extend the official apologies of UNIT."

"Kate Lethbridge Stewart, a word to the wise. As I'm sure your father would have told you, I don't like being picked up."

"That probably sounded better in his head" {Y/N} says.

"I'm acting on instructions direct from the throne. Sealed orders from her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the First."

"The Queen? The First? Sorry, Elizabeth the First?" Clara asks.

"Her credentials are inside," Kate says, the Doctor is about to break the seal on the message when Kate points back to the National Gallery "no. Inside."

"Nice scarf" {Y/N} says smiling at Kate's assistant.

"What's our cover story for this?" Kate asks.

"Er, Derren Brown."

"Again?"

"Oh, we've sent him flowers" the Doctor, {Y/N}, Clara and Kate head up the steps to the gallery.

*National Gallery*

"Did you two know her, Elizabeth the First?" Clara asks.

"Unified Intelligence Task Force," the Doctor says.

"Sorry?" Clara asks.

"This lot. UNIT. They investigate alien stuff. Anything alien" {Y/N} says.

"What, like you two?"

"We work for them" {Y/N} replies.

"You two have a job?"

"Why shouldn't I have a job? I'd be brilliant at having a job" the Doctor says.

"You two don't have a job."

"We do. This is our job. We're doing it now."

"You never have a job."

"We do. we do" a painting is unveiled of an alien Citadel on fire and under attack.

"Elizabeth's credentials, Doctor and {Y/N}" {Y/N} gasps.

"But, but that's not possible," Clara says.

"No more," the Doctor says.

"That's the title," Kate says.

"We know the title" {Y/N} says.

"Also known as Gallifrey Falls."

"This painting doesn't belong here, not in this time or place," the Doctor says.

"Obviously," Clara says.

"It's the fall of Arcadia, Gallifrey's second city" {Y/N} says.

"But how is it doing that? How is that possible? It's an oil painting in 3D" Clara she steps forward.

"Time Lord art. Bigger on the inside. A slice of real-time, frozen" {Y/N} says.

"Elizabeth told us where to find it, and its significance," Kate says, {Y/N} and the Doctor take Clara's hands.

"You two ok?" Clara asks.

"They were there," the Doctor says.

"Who was?" Clara asks.

"Us. The other us. The ones we don't talk about."

"I don't understand."

"We've had many faces, many lives. We don't admit to all of them. There's one life we've tried very hard to forget. They were the Doctor and {Y/N} who fought in the Time War, and that was the day they did it. The day we did it. The day they killed them all. The last day of the Time War. The war to end all wars between our people and the Daleks. And in that battle, there was a man and women with more blood on their hands than any other, a man and women who would commit a crime that would silence the universe. And those two were me and the Doctor" {Y/N} says.

---

~Bread 🍞