Last Christmas Pt. 3

Clara steps on shards of broken glass. She sees that the table is empty.

"{Y/N}? Doctor?" Clara asks, she sees part of the broken container on the floor and goes underneath the table to look at it closely. The Dream Crab descends from the ceiling. Clara gasps. {Y/N} turns around.

"What's wrong?" Ashely asks.

"We're thinking about it," the Doctor says.

"Clara!" {Y/N} shouts. Clara is sitting under the table mumbling.

"One hundred minus forty-two is three hundred and fifty-eight times three is one thousand seven hundred and seventy-four minus thirty-two is one hundred and forty-two divided by seven is twenty and, and, and a bit. Think about something else. Think about something else. Danny Pink, Danny, Danny. Danny Pink, I love you" the Crab is visible through the slats of the table "and I'll never see you again, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied. I am sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" mucus falls in a long stream in front of her face, and she screams. The Dream Crab breaks the slats apart and drops.

---

Clara wakes up in bed. It is full daylight. The door opens and a man in a red nylon fake fur-trimmed suit and false beard enters.

"Ho, ho, ho."

"Who are you?" Clara asks.

"What do you mean, who am I? Who do you think I am?" he pulls down the long white beard.

"Danny?"

"Merry Christmas. Come on!"

"Come on where?"

"Downstairs."

"Why?"

"Well, you know what day it is."

"What day is it?"

"Easter. It's Easter Day. That's why I'm dressed like this, I'm Father Easter."

"Is that a thing?"

"No. Because it's Christmas!" Danny says chuckling.

"Oh. Well, you've made me want chocolate now."

"Good. Come on. You, out of bed. Downstairs. I have surprises."

"Tickets for the Indian Orient Express. That painting we saw in Paris, and permission to own a cat."

"How did you know?"

"Because those are exactly the things I want, and you are too clever ever to be wrong."

"How do you make you clever into me being clever?"

"I always protect your ego from the truth."

"Oh, er, thank you for that."

"It's Christmas."

"Hurry up, then!" she goes out onto the spacious top landing, turns and sees a blackboard with 'CLARA!!' written on it. Danny is halfway down the stairs already.

"Danny? Whose blackboard is that?"

"What blackboard? Are you coming?"

"Yeah, just a moment!" she turns away for an instant and when she turns back the word has changed to 'DREAMING!!'

"Clara."

"Coming!" she picks up the blackboard eraser and wipes over the word, turning it to 'DYING!!'

"Clara!"

"Yeah. Just a minute" she tries rubbing it out again. The word transforms into 'YOU' then 'ARE' then 'DYING!'