The Witch's Familiar Pt. 5

"Do not kill me! Do not kill me!" {Y/N} points the gun at the Dalek.

"Is Clara dead?" {Y/N} asks.

"I am a Dalek. I am alive. I am your enemy. Your enemy. Mercy. Mercy."

"You shouldn't be able to say that."

"Mercy."

"That word shouldn't exist in your vocabulary. How did Davros teach you to say that?"

"Mercy."

"Why aren't you trying to kill us?"

"Mercy. I show mercy."

"I'm putting the gun down. Open your casing."

"How?"

"Just think the word "open". It'll work" the casing opens to reveal Clara.

"Oh, look at that. Now, there's a surprise."

"Missy, run," the Doctor says.

"Oh, {Y/N}..." Clara whispers, {Y/N} starts to disconnect Clara from the Dalek casing.

"In a way, this is why I gave her to you in the first place. To make you see. The friend inside the enemy, the enemy inside the friend."

"I'm sorry, Clara. I'm so sorry" {Y/N} says wiping away a few stray tears from Clara's face.

"Everyone's a bit of both. Everyone's a hybrid" Missy says.

"I said, run," the Doctor says.

"It wasn't me who ran, {Y/N} and Doctor. That was always you two" Missy walks away.

---

"Emergency! Dalek control is compromised" {Y/N}, the Doctor and Clara run into the control room. A bit of ceiling falls.

"Where was the TARDIS? It was over there somewhere, wasn't it?" {Y/N} asks, the Doctor is now holding the Dalek gun.

"What is happening? Explain! Explain!"

"Dalek Supreme, your sewers are revolting," the Doctor says as more rubble falls as they move to where the TARDIS used to be.

"You will assist, or you will be exterminated."

"Oh, well, go on, then. Exterminate away."

"Doctor!" Clara says, the Daleks fire, but the energy bolts bounce off something invisible around the three.

"Oops, sorry. TARDIS force field is still here. We get in, you don't" {Y/N} says.

"The TARDIS has been destroyed."

"Ah, don't be silly, of course, it hasn't. It just redistributed itself for a moment. Hostile Action Dispersal System. We'll give it a quick blast from our sonics, and the real-time envelope will reassemble right here."

"{Y/N}, Doctor, you don't have your screwdrivers," Clara says.

"Oh, yeah, we're over screwdrivers. They spoil the line of your jacket. These days, we're all about wearable technology" the Doctor replies as he and {Y/N} put on their sunglasses.

"No! No? Seriously?" {Y/N} and the Doctor push up their sunglasses.

"What is happening?"

"Oh, same old, same old. Just {Y/N}, the Doctor and Clara Oswald in the TARDIS" {Y/N} smiles as the TARDIS reforms around them, then dematerialises.

---

Missy runs into a bunch of Daleks in a corridor.

"Humanoid detected. Humanoid detected. Remain still. Do not move. Do not move. You are a Time Lord" the building shakes and Missy staggers.

"You know what? I've just had a very clever idea."

---

{Y/N}, the Doctor and Clara watch the city disintegrate from a high ridge.

"No chance either of you are going to tell me what's in that confession dial, I suppose?" Clara asks, the Doctor puts it in his trouser pocket "hmm."

"It doesn't make sense" {Y/N} says.

"What doesn't?" Clara asks.

"When you were in the Dalek, you made it say mercy... It shouldn't have understood the concept, it shouldn't have been able to say it. How did a tiny piece of mercy get into the DNA of the Daleks?" there's a long pause as the obvious reason finally dawns on her she then runs to the TARDIS the Doctor follows clutching the Dalek gun.

"{Y/N}? Doctor?" Clara asks.

---

"Help me! You can't leave me, you promised. You said I had a chance" young Davros shouts, the TARDIS materialises behind him.

"Who are you? I don't get it. How did you both get there?"

"From the future," the Doctor says.

"Are you going to save me?"

"We're going to save our friend the only way we can. Exterminate!" the Doctor blasts all the hand mines to oblivion.

"Come on, we'll take you home" {Y/N} says.

"Which side are you on? Are you the enemy?" young Davros asks.

"We're not sure that any of that matters, friends, enemies. So long as there's mercy. Always mercy" {Y/N} holds out her hand. Young Davros takes it and they all walk away together.

---

~Bread 🍞