Into The Dalek Pt. 4

"Clara Oswald, do we really not pay you?" the Doctor asks.

"You couldn't afford me."

"Whatever you're going to do, don't do it this Dalek must not be destroyed. We can do better" {Y/N} says.

"Are you out of your mind?" Journey asks.

"No, I'm inside a Dalek. We're standing where we've never been. We cannot waste this chance. It won't come again" {Y/N} says.

"What chance? I have my orders."

"Soldiers take orders."

"And I'm a soldier."

"A Dalek is a better soldier than you will ever be. You can't win this way" Journey holds up a grenade to pull the pin, then puts it down again.

"So, what do we do?"

"Something better."

*Time skip*

"The Dalek isn't just some angry blob in a Dalekanium tank. If it was, the radiation would have turned it into a raging lunatic" {Y/N} says.

"It is a raging lunatic, it's a Dalek," Journey says.

"But for a moment, it wasn't. The radiation allowed it to expand its consciousness, to consider things beyond its natural terms of reference. It became good. That means a good Dalek is possible. That's what we learned today. Am I right, teach?" the Doctor asks.

"Top of the class" Clara replies.

"But now it's back to how it was," Journey says.

"But what it saw, what it felt, is still there" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah, I'm not really seeing that."

"Not here. There" the Doctor points upwards.

"You mean in the cortex vault?"

"The evil engineering?" Clara asks.

"Every memory recorded. Some suppressed, but all still intact. We need to show the Dalek that star being born again. Recreate that moment. You need to get up there, find that moment and reawaken it" the Doctor says.

"Me?" Clara asks.

"Yes, you. Good idea."

"How?"

"Haven't the foggiest. Do a clever thing. And then once you've done it, the Dalek will be suggestible to new ideas. It will be open again. And I will show it something that will change its mind forever."

"What?" Journey asks.

"Not a clue."

*Time skip*

"This is crazy. There is no way that we can get back up there in time" Journey says.

"Yes, there is."

"No, Gretchen. It'll bring the antibodies back down on us."

"Tell me the truth. Are they mad, or are they right? I've come this far. Probably going to die anyway. Wouldn't mind something to do for the rest of my life. Are they mad, or are they right?"

"Hand on my heart? Most days their both" Clara says.

"One question, then. Is this worth it?"

"If we can turn one Dalek, we can turn them all. We can save the future" the Doctor says.

"Gretchen Alison Carlisle. Do something good and name it after me."

"We will do something amazing, I promise" {Y/N} replies.