The Snowmen Pt. 6

The Doctor hands a London Underground souvenir lunchbox to Jenny. It rattles.

"Hey. Hello" {Y/N} says looking at Clara.

"They all think I'm going to die, don't they?" Clara asks.

"And we..." {Y/N} points to the Doctor and herself "...know you're going to live."

"How?" Clara asks.

"We never know how. We just know who" {Y/N} gives her the key again and kisses her hand.

"The green lady. She said you and the Doctor were the savers of worlds once. Are you going to save this one?"

"If we do, will you come away with us?"

"Yes."

"Well then. Merry Christmas" {Y/N} straightens her bow tie, and takes the lunch box and answers the door to Simeon.

"I have in my hand a piece of the Ice Lady. Everything you need to know about how to make ice people. Is that what you want? See you at the office."

*Time skip*

"So then, Doctor, {Y/N}, saving the world again? Might I ask why? Are you making a bargain with the universe? You'll both save the world to let her live?" Vastra asks.

"Yes. And don't you think, after all this time and everything we've ever done, that we are owed this one?" the Doctor asks.

"I don't think the universe makes bargains."

"It was our fault" {Y/N} says.

"Well then. Better save the world" Vastra says.

*Institute*

Vastra, {Y/N} and the Doctor are waiting when Simeon enters.

"You promised us something. Have you brought it?"

"Big fella here's been very quiet while you've been out. Which is only to be expected, considering who he really is" the Doctor says.

"Do you know what this is, big fella?" {Y/N} holds up the lunch box.

"I do not understand these markings."

"A map of the London Underground, 1967. Key strategic weakness in metropolitan living, if you ask me, but then I have never liked a tunnel" {Y/N} says.

"Enough of this. We are powerful, but on this planet, we are limited. We need to learn to take human form" the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver, and the Snowman's voice rises in pitch "the Governess is our most perfect replication of humanity."
.
"What's happening to its voice?" Vastra asks.

"Just stripping away the disguise," the Doctor says.

"No, stop! Stop that. Cease, I command you."

"It sounds like a child," Vastra says.

"Of course, it sounds like a child. It is a child. Simeon as a child. The snow has no voice without him" the Doctor says.

"Don't listen to him, he's ruining everything."

"How long has the Intelligence been talking to you?" {Y/N} asks.

"I was a little boy. He was my snowman. He spoke to me."

"But the snow doesn't talk, does it. It's just a mirror...It just reflects back everything we think and feel and fear."

"You poured your darkest dreams into a snowman and look, look what it became," the Doctor says.

"I don't understand" Vastra replies.

"It's a parasite feeding on the loneliness of a child and the sickness of an old man. Carnivorous snow meets Victorian values and something terrible is born" the Doctor replies.