Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Pt. 2

*Console Room*

Bram prises off a section of the console, and voices start speaking.

"I made up the name TARDIS from the initials Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

"The Tardis is dimensionally transcendental."

"What does that mean?"

"That's trans-dimensional engineering. A key Time Lord discovery."

"The assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't get through that door. Believe me, they've tried."

"We are in space!"

"It can move anywhere in time and space?" there are other indistinct phrases also being thrown about.

*Corridor*

Gregor is following the beeps on his scanner.

"Everything."

"What? Report."

"Everything, behind that door."

"Everything?"

"Sensor detects everything you could possibly want" Gregor goes in. There are lots of cables dangling down, with large glowing bulbs on the end "everything."

"I don't understand. Give me a price tag."

"Incalculable."

"What?"

"More valuable than the total sum of any currency. Living metal. Bespoke engineering. Whatever machine you require, this system will build it" Gregor raises the focused laser cutter to take some. The Doctor and Tricky run in.

"No! No, no, stop! Please, don't. Don't touch it. Please. She won't let you touch it. I can feel a TARDIS tantrum coming on" the Doctor says.

"What the hell is this place?"

"Architectural Reconfiguration System. It reconstructs particles according to your needs" the Doctor says.

"A machine that makes machines?"

"Yes, basically. What are you doing? No, no, don't. Don't!" Gregor takes hold of one of the Gallifreyan engraved light bulbs.

"If you walk out of here with that circuit, the TARDIS will try to stop you. Now listen to me. Look, the clock is ticking. We must find Clara and {Y/N}" Gregor pulls off the light bulb and the whole ship roars.

"What the? Where's the door gone?"

"Ever seen a spaceship get ugly?" the Doctor asks.

"This isn't happening."

"She won't relinquish it. Her basic genetic material."

"Torch it. I said, torch it."

"Can't you feel it, Gregor? The ship, the ship's in torment, like it's a living thing. You can't hurt it" Gregor puts the light bulb in his backpack, and the door returns.

"What's the matter, TARDIS? Scared to fight me?"

*Library*

Clara finds a large bound book on its own special stand, The History of the Time War. She opens it in the middle and does a little reading, {Y/N} stands behind her.

"So that's who..." there's a clang followed by a growl. The two dodge behind another rack of books and bottles to hide from the thing. Above Clara are bottles containing the Encyclopedia Gallifreyica. Muffled voices can be heard, {Y/N} stands at another book rack. Clara presses back against the rack, one of the bottles tips over, and the words tumble out over her head. She wafts them away so the creature cannot hear. It gets close and the two run for the entrance.

"It's the same. It's just the same" Tricky says.

"It's diverting us, spinning a maze around us. We will never reach Clara and {Y/N} in time" the Doctor says, Gregor walks away, and they follow "hey! Hey!" and they return from the opposite direction.

"It's just the same, again."

"No point in building walls. You'll just know how to smash them down. It's found other ways of controlling you. Smart bunch, Time Lords. No dress sense, dreadful hats, but smart. If you want to get out of here, let that circuit go. It is creating a labyrinth."

"Bram? Bram, can you hear me? Bram, the ship is alive. Get out of there. Bram, don't touch anything" Gregor says.

*Console room*

Clara and {Y/N} run in.

"Oh, thank you. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you" Clara kisses the console, {Y/N} looks around "no! The door. Where's the door gone? No. You can't do this" Clara says.

*Junction*

"Bram? You've got to get out of there fast. Channel's dead" Gregor says.

"We've got to help him. Gregor, do something. Do something!" Tricky says.

"It's too late, he's gone. Let's just worry about the salvage."

"You care more about that circuit than you do about him."

"Your concern for your brother is really touching. The android is more cut up about it than you. Now, will you two stop bickering and listen. There is something else down there" the Doctor says.

"We've got to get out of here. Gregor, give it back. Give it back to her" Tricky takes the light bulb from Gregor's pack.

"What are you doing? You're always on the side of the machines."

"Fellas! Multiple lifeforms on board the TARDIS with us. I am getting a massive signal" the Doctor says looking at his sonic.

"Where are they?"

"Oh, you're not going to like the answer. About two steps away. One step" behind them. A strange conjoined twins creature attacks "Gregor, look out! Careful! Gregor, no! We have to stay together. Come on, run. Tricky, run. I'm sorry."

*Console room*

Clara and {Y/N} discover there is more than one console room, each at the end of a corridor.

"Oh, why are you doing this?" Clara asks.

"Somethings happened, the TARDIS is, in simple words having a tantrum" {Y/N} says, Clara looks at her.

*Console room 2*

"Back where we started," Tricky says.

"No, it's an echo. The console room is the safest place on the ship. It can replicate itself any number of times. It's trying to protect us" the Doctor says.

"Because I tried to give back the circuit?"

"Team TARDIS" the Doctor rummages in the wreck of the console. A piece of metal falls, and lands in Clara and {Y/N}'s console room.

"Where did, where did that go?"

"There's more than one echo room. Hey, look, look. The TARDIS has got Clara and {Y/N} safe. That was them. That was them there. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Why can't we see them?"

"It's like a light switch. Two positions, flickering at super-infinite speeds. We're only together for a brief second. Shush" they can hear Clara panting and {Y/N} talking to her "I can hear them" Clara opens an internal door. The creature is behind it. She screams running into {Y/N} who pushes Clara behind her. The Doctor and Tricky can hear the growling.

"She's let it in. She's let it in!"

"If I can just isolate their position, I can nudge the alternation, reach in and grab them."

*Console room*

"Who are you?" {Y/N} asks, Clara grips onto {Y/N}'s shirt.

---

~Bread 🍞