Face The Raven Pt. 4

Clara knocks at the door of the Janus boy. He opens it then starts to close it again.

"Hey, wait. Everyone here is weird around us because of Rigsy. But not you. You look at me, {Y/N} and the Doctor like you're confused. Like you're curious."

"I don't know what you mean."

"You do. You know Rigsy is innocent because you can look into his past and you can see it, can't you?"

*Time skip*

"She dressed you as a boy to protect you, but really you're a girl. You have the gift" Clara says.

"It is no gift. I'm safe as a boy. This is the first place I've ever been safe, and you want me to throw it away? To admit what I am?"

"The Mayor. What is she up to? It's nothing good, is it?" {Y/N} asks.

"I can't see everything, but she thinks she's doing the right thing."

"They usually do. If what Ashildr is doing is harmless, then we'll just walk out of that door. No one will know of your abilities. But if it's not..."

"I don't know what she means to do. No, I'm trying, but I can't see it. I can't see it because it involves you. When I look at you, I can't tell your past from your future, and there's so very much of both" the Doctor walks around to the back of the settee.

"This isn't about Rigsy. It's about me" the Doctor says, the girl closes her eyes, and the face on the back of her head opens its eyes and speaks with a slightly distorted voice.

"She couldn't just ask you here. She needed a mystery. You can never resist a mystery. She's afraid."

"Afraid of what? Of whom?"

"I can't see" the second face closes its eyes, and the first one opens hers.

"I'm sorry."

---

The Doctor, {Y/N}, Clara, the girl and Rigsy run past the Raven's cage, and it caws.

"You hold your tongue. We've got ten minutes left!" the Doctor says, they soon run into Ashildr's house, "Ashildr said Anah was being taken home for burial. But the Janus burn their dead."

"Is that true?" Rigsy asks the girl nods.

"So, look, Ashildr got it wrong. What does it matter? Come on!" Clara says.

"There's something about this tech..." {Y/N} says.

"Look, {Y/N}, we don't have time," Rigsy says.

"What is it?" the girl asks {Y/N} activates a screen on a slot machine.

"It looks like medical data" {Y/N} mutters.

"But it can't be. She's dead. She isn't breathing."

"This thing's a stasis pod. If you're dead, it's a kind of fancy refrigerator. But if you're alive" {Y/N} turns on the speakers, and a heartbeat sounds "It simply keeps you that way."

"She's alive?"

"She's alive."

"Well, get her out! Get her out of there!"

"There must be a way to unlock it. Something basic, something simple that I'm missing."

"A keyhole!" Rigsy says.

"A keyhole would be very handy, yes, but I haven't got one" {Y/N} replies.

"No, no, no, a keyhole! Look!"

"I'll find her. I'll get the key."

"No, Anahson, stay here. There's a reason that the Mayor has gone AWOL. She means for us to release your mother, but she doesn't want us to use her key. She wants to use mine" the Doctor says as he holds up two keys.