Deep Breath Pt. 4

{Y/N} and Clara cross the street and look up at the building they go inside and sit on a curved bench seat in a wall alcove, with a small round table in front of it. The restaurant has other customers, but is very quiet. Clara examines the advert again, then sniffs. Then she coughs as she fans the air with the paper, {Y/N} who sat next to her looks over.

"What's wrong?" the Doctor asks.

"I don't know. Maybe the smell?" Clara replies.

"I know. It's everywhere" the Doctor says.

"Where did you get that coat?" {Y/N} asks.

"Er, ahem, I bought it."

"From where?"

"Er, a shop?"

"No."

"Might have been a tramp/"

"You don't have any money."

"Er, I had a watch."

"No. That watch was beautiful" Clara says.

"It was my favourite," the Doctor says.

"You swapped your favourite watch for that coat. That's maybe not a good deal" {Y/N} says.

"Well, I was in a hurry. There was a terrible smell."

"Ok," the Doctor smiles and laughs a little.

"No. No, don't. Don't. Don't. Don't smile. I will smile first and then you know it's safe to smile" Clara says.

"Are you cross with me?"

"I am not cross. But if I was cross it would be your fault and. Yes, I am cross."

"I guessed that."

"I am extremely cross."

"And if I hadn't changed my face, would you be cross?"

"I would be cross if I wasn't cross."

"Why?"

"Why? An ordinary person wants to meet someone that they know very well for lunch. What do they do?" {Y/N} looks on, as Clara and the Doctor bicker back and forth.

"Well, they probably get in touch and suggest lunch."

"Mmm hmm. Ok, so what sort of person would put a cryptic note in, in a newspaper advert?"

"Well, I wouldn't like to say."

"Oh, go on, do say."

"Well, I would say that that person would be an egomaniac, needy, game-player sort of person."

"Ah, thank you. Well, at least that hasn't changed."

"And I don't suppose it ever will."

"No, I don't suppose it will, either."

"Clara, honestly, I don't want you to change. It was no bother, really. I saw your advert, I figured it out. I'm happy to play your game."

"No. No, no. I didn't place the ad. You placed the ad."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you placed the ad, I figured it out. Impossible Girl, the wife, see? Lunch."

"No, look, the Impossible. That is a message from the Impossible Girl."

"For the Impossible Girl."

"Uh..." {Y/N} says.

"Ooo," the Doctor says.