The Time Of The Doctor Pt. 4

*Tower*

"A question only we could answer. A truth field to make sure we're not lying. If we give our name, they'll know they've found the right place and that it's safe to come through" {Y/N} says.

"The Time Lords? Ok, so what then? If you both answer the questions and they come back, what happens?" the Doctor gives Clara a short round device.

"Er, you need to take this to the TARDIS and put it in the charger slot for the sonic" the Doctor says.

"Why?"

"Hell. All hell, that's what happens if the Time Lords come back. There's half a universe up there already, waiting to open fire. Now please, go to the TARDIS and just do as we say" {Y/N} says, Clara, runs.

"Doctor and {Y/N} speak with me" Tasha's holographic face hangs large in the sky "Doctor! {Y/N}! Face me now! Doctor! {Y/N}!" the Doctor and {Y/N} go up to the bell chamber above the clock face.

"Mother Superious, there is only one thing we need from you. This planet, what's it called?" {Y/N} asks.

"Trenzalore. If you speak your names, the Time Lords will return."

"If they return, they will come in peace," the Doctor says.

"It doesn't matter. They will be met with a war that will never end. The Time War will begin anew. You both know that."

"They're asking for our help!" {Y/N} says.

"And if you give the answers, war will be the consequence. I will not let that happen, at any cost. Speak your names and this world will burn."

"No, this planet is protected" the Doctor rings the bell, the residents gather. The Doctor and {Y/N} come out of the Tower.

"So, you lot, a quick word, thank you. Spot of news. Christmas has new sheriffs. Hello, everyone. I'm the Doctor and this is {Y/N}

"In the time that followed, the Papal Mainframe strove to maintain the peace between the Doctor, {Y/N} and their enemies."

*Town*

A set of vehicle tracks is appearing in the snow on the road into town.

"We remain undetectable to the Papal Mainframe."

"Commander Skarr. That's the detection warning. Our invisibility cloak is compromised."

"What's wrong with it?"

"I don't know. I can't see it."

"Well, it looks invisible to me," Skarr says as he hits the side of the semi-visible vehicle, which then explodes.

"The Church of the Papal Mainframe apologises for your death. The relevant afterlives have been notified."

"As the days passed, and the years, the two stayed true to their word. On the fields of Trenzalore, they stood as protectors both of their own people and their new home" the Weeping Angels have mirrors placed in front of them written on the mirrors are 'With Love from the Doctor and {Y/N}'

*Time skip*

{Y/N} looks down at the sleeping Doctor and kneels beside him, she places a kiss on his lips as a tear falls onto his face she stands and places the envelope in her hand on the workbench and walks towards the door, she turns back once more.

"I'm sorry" she whispers before leaving.

"Over the years, their foes would find new, stranger ways to enter the town called Christmas" the children are playing a game of blind man's bluff. The blindfolded boy wanders around a little, then hears timbers creaking.

"Are you there? Hello? Am I getting warm?" the lad removes his blindfold to look up at a dull brown creaking Cyberman. He runs away.

"There's another one!" the Cyberman's flame thrower misses him "there's another one! There's another one!" he rings alarm bells and the townspeople come out "there's another one! Doctor, Doctor! There's another one!"

"Incinerate. Incinerate" an older Doctor, leaning on a cane, comes out of his Tower home "the Doctor is required" the Doctor throws a wooden rifle to the boy.

"There you go, Barnable."

"Thanks."

"Working fine. Nice action. Don't leave it out in the rain again" a wheeled toy is tossed to another child "fixed the wheels and the antigrav."

"The anti what?"

"Yeah, may have gone a bit far. Now then, what do we have today? Don't you move one step further. Wooden Cyberman. Nice. Like it" the Doctor limps over to the Cyberman "low tech, doesn't set off the alarms upstairs" there's a moment of silence until the Doctor zaps it with his screwdriver before it manages to raise its creaky arm "only bit of tech allowed in. Got in before the truce. Now, I just sent an instruction to your firearm to reverse the polarity and fire out the back end. Now, as we're standing in a truth field, you will understand I cannot be lying. If you like, you can scan my screwdriver, verify that's the signal I sent."

"Signal verified" the Cyberman's arm weapon turns around and fires its flamethrower through its chest.

"Yes. I probably should have mentioned this doesn't work on wood. You send your friends up there a message from the Doctor. You tell them the Doctor stays" he prods the Cyberman with his cane and it falls backwards "next."

"With every victory, the town celebrated."

"And there's me arm-wrestling a Draconian. I remember that" the Doctor says.

"In time, the Doctor seemed to forget he'd lived any other life."

"Christmas is defended" he pins up children's drawings of their defeated enemies in the Tower.

"And the people of the town came to love the man who stayed for Christmas."

"You've got to be the drunk giraffe. You've got to commit! Don't be cool, guys. Cool is not cool."

"Cool is not cool!"

"And what's the dance we're doing?"

"The drunk giraffe!"

"The drunk giraffe. Yeah, it is. Merry Christmas. Give me a hug. Bring it in."

"Yeah!" a while later the Doctor is mingling.

"How's your father's barn?"

"You've fixed the leak all right, but he says it's bigger on the inside now."

"Shush, they'll all want one" there is the sound of a wheezing time rotor.

"What is it? What's that noise?" the TARDIS is trying to materialise.

"Well. Where have you been for three hundred years? Ha!" the Doctor says.

"What's that?"

"It's my ship."

"You're what?"

"It's my TARDIS. That's how I got here in the first place."

"Does this mean you're leaving?" the TARDIS fully materialises, with Clara still on the outside holding her key in the lock. He taps her on the back with his cane.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was in space."

"Well, you were in the time vortex. She must have extended the force field. No wonder. No wonder she's late, dragging you around" they walk away from the TARDIS.

"You tricked me," Clara says.

"We saved you," the Doctor says.

"You didn't even say goodbye!"

"I'm furious with you!"

"Well, I am not even talking to you!" they laugh and hug, Clara looks around "where's {Y/N}?" the Doctor looks at her and walks off.

---

~Bread 🍞