The Time Of The Doctor Pt. 6

*Town*

The Doctor spots a tiny hand behind the TARDIS.

"Hmm. Are you guarding my TARDIS, Barnable?"

"Are you coming back?"

"Oh, come on. You know me."

"I'll wait."

*Papal Mainframe*

"She hasn't aged much," Clara says.

"No, she's against ageing" the Doctor replies.

"Approach" Tasha says.

"Confess."

"What are those things?" Clara asks.

"Confess."

"Confessional priests. Very popular. Genetically engineered so you forget everything you told them" the Doctor says.

"Told who?"

"There you go."

*Chapel*

The bed has been replaced by a large table. Tasha places a big box in front of the Doctor. He looks inside.

"Satisfactory?"

"Where are the pink ones?"

"E numbers. You're hyper enough as it is."

"So, this is sweet. Middle of a siege and you two have little chats?" Clara says.

"She's right. This situation cannot continue" Tasha says.

"It can't end, either."

"Why did you ever come to Trenzalore?"

"Well, I did come to Trenzalore, and nothing can change that now. Didn't stop you trying though, did it?"

"Not me. The Kovarian Chapter broke away. They travelled back along your timeline and tried to prevent you ever reaching Trenzalore."

"So that's who blew up my TARDIS. I thought I'd left the bath running."

"They blew up your time capsule, created the very cracks in the universe through which the Time Lords are now calling."

"The destiny trap. You can't change history if you're part of it."

"They engineered a psychopath to kill your wife."

"Yeah, and my wife totally married her. I'd never have made it here alive without River Song."

"I'm not interested in changing history, Doctor. I want to change the future. The Daleks send for reinforcements daily. They are massing for war. Three days ago, they attacked the Mainframe itself."

"They attacked here?"

"How did you stop them?" Clara asks.

"Stop them? It was slaughter" Tasha replies.

"Why didn't you call me? I could have helped" the Doctor says.

"I tried. I died in this room, screaming your name."

"No."

"Oh. I died. It's funny the things that slip your mind. Ah!"

"No! No, no, no. Tasha, no, please, not Tasha. No. Fight it. Tash, fight it!" a Dalek eyestalk comes out of her forehead, then real Daleks enter.

"Step away from the Dalek unit, Doctor."

"You shouldn't even know who I am."

"Information concerning the Doctor was harvested from the cadaver of Tasha Lem."