51. Sehun - Where Did It Begin?

@kimyoon_17 here ya go:)
I hope it's sad and romantic enough ahaha

***

you rock back and forth on your rocking chair. "Isn't that right, Sehun?" you look towards the empty chair on your left. It takes a second, but you realize that he isn't there anymore. you laugh a little. "Oh yea, he isn't here anymore." You sigh. "Who said you could leave me huh?" you talk to empty space. "Ahhhh we shared so many good memories...." You slowly close your eyes and drift into a dream.

...

You open your eyes. What? You as yourself. This park looked familiar. A little kid comes running in making airplane noises and a little girl follows close behind him. Oh yea. You smile. This was your childhood park where you and Sehun played games every day.

"NERRRRRRRRR. WOOSHHH" the little sehun flaps his airplane wings.

"No Sehunnie-ah" You yell from behind. "Planes don't move their wings. now you're a bird!" Sehun suddenly stops and turns around. You didn't react fast enough and bump into him. The two of you make a thud when hitting the ground. "Omo Sehun I'm sorry are you okay?" Sehun was the one who cushioned your fall. With a little dirt on his face, Sehun flashes his teeth and puts up a peace sign.

"I'm okay, ____." the two of you get up. "Don't worry..." he looks at your knee. "But you need some aid ________-ah!" he points at the cut on your knee. "It will get infected! Hurry!" he signals towards his house. "My mama can help you!"

"It's okay, Sehun" you stop him. "I'm a strong girl. This memory of Sehun. You wanted to go see if the two of you were okay. You walk towards them, but an airplane sound distracts you. In the three second you take to look up, the season changed to autumn and the kids were gone. You turn around and find 15 year-old Sehun and you.

"Sehun-ah"

"Hmm?"

"...I like you." Sehun stops in his tracks. this was your confession. "I've thought of you as my brother but lately, I want to think of you as more than that." Sehun, flushed, didn't know what to do, so he denied everything.

"What?" he laughs. "You have to e kidding right? I'm practically your brother" You couldn't believe it.

"Hah" your shoulders sag. "Yea, like siblings...im gonna walk home by myself today." you turn around. "Maybe we can eat together another day." You fast walk in the opposite directions before your tears could fall. Sehun didn't bother turning around. Angry at himself for being a wimp, he kicks the brick wall to the left of him.

"Dammit Sehun." He hits the bricks with his fist. "Why are you so stupid." He sighs and whispers, "the love of your life confessed...."

You look at the ground. This thought bad sadness. Your feelings were mutual...Looking back up, you see an 18 year-old Sehun and _____ in the exact same spot.

"______" he stops and turns around.

"Hmm?"

"Remember this spot?" The 18 year-old you flinches a little. "this is where you confessed to me 3 years ago. I denied you but I actually loved you just as much." He sighs. "I actually watched you every day. I didn't realize until you confessed, but the first person I look for is you. Not because I see you as a sister, but because I see you as a woman." he smiles. "Will you give me a shot,____?" he opens his arms. You were silent this whole time because you were trying to hold back tears. It didn't work so you bury your face in his chest and hit it with a soft fist.

"Stupid..." tears were leaking out "Why did you make me wait three years?" Sehun rubs your back.

"I know, I'm sorry. It will never happen again."

You blink slowly and the two 18 year olds become 25.

"Yes!" you were hugging Sehun. "yes yes yes yes a million times yes!" your smile touched the edges of your face. Sehun was just as happy. This was where Sehun proposed to you as well. Then, you realizes everything came from this park.

***

Back from your flashbacks, you slowly open your eyes. It's like these dreams were telling you to visit the park. you had a gut feeling. You pick yourself up ad walk over to the park. 80 years later and you still haven't moved anywhere. There you see a little boy running around. A teen hanging around. A man waiting with a ring. and one the bench, you see Sehun, even handsome at 82 years old. You couldn't believe it. You walk as fast as possible to the bench.

"....Sehunnie?" he turns his head and smiles. "sehunnie!" you hug him. "Are you o-" he places a finger to his lips. with his other hand, waves it back and forth to signal you to come closer. In the quietest voice barely audible, he whispers into your ear, "I love you" before disappearing. After you comprehend what you hear, you try to deny it.

"What?" tears stream. You touch your wet cheek. "Oh look you made an 81 year old woman cry." you scoff. "How could you leave me again?" you look up at the sky. "you never gave me the chance to say goodbye..." you wipe your tears. "Or say I love you one last time."