56. Baekhyun - I'm Always Here

I WAS RE READING MY STORIES AND A LOT OF THEM ARE ACTUIALLY REALLY CUTE im actually really proud of myself :P

Sorry for not point for like 5 months oopsies:0

@jaymeedizon <3

"it's cancer" the doctor says.

You sigh. "Yea" you say " I thought so." For about a year, you've had a lot of headaches. Though you've gone through chemotherapy, the tumer in your brain won't die so easily. You're quiet for a bit.

"I'm sorry, _______" the dorcot trieds to fill in the awkward silence. Of course, It would be awkward. You were just told that you only have a month to live. "How should I break this to your parents? Do you want me to tell anybody?" he polietely asks.

"N, it's okay. I'll tell them the news." You stand up and take a bow before leaving the room and walking to the lobby.

Immediately, Baekhyun stands up. "So..." he walks towards you and holds your shoulders. "How was the checkup?" you put on your best smile.

"Oh, just the usual"

It was the hardest thing to trick Baekhyun. "You okay?" he looked really worried.

"Just a little headache." you brush it off. You try to divert the topic. "Let's go to the park." you suddenly suggest. "It's sunny and I wanna have a picnic." you wanted to be spoiled today.

"hahaha okay." Baekhyun takes your hand. "lets go sign you out"

"Wait," you stop him. "Could you sign me out? I need to ask my parents a few questions...please?? Oppaaa" you beg. Of course, he gives in and pinches your nose.

"Of course, sweetie." he smiles. "just meet me at the car, okay?"

"Okay." Baekhyun walks away as you begin talking with your parents.

"What's up, honey?" your mom looked concerned.

"Ummm" you try to begin. "I was talking with the doctor and..." you look up at two worried faces. Scared, you take a deep breath in and exhale slowly. "The doctor said I have cancer..." you look back down - afraid to look into your parents' tear-filled eyes. "...and I have only a month to live." Your family was speechless. One month? Only one month? You tried to lighten the mood. "Hey, I've lived this long already." you point at your body. "I don't think this is gonna give in so easily hahahahaha hahahahaha" you try to laugh off the sadness. "So... I'll meet you at home? I wanna be with Baekhyun right now."

"But-" your dad cuts off ur mom. She sighs. "Okay, be back by 10pm alright?"

"Okay" you hug them before leaving. "Thanks, see you soon"
***

when you opened the car door, Baekhyun was blasting music. You gave him a questioning look. "What?" he says as he lowers the volume a little so you could hear him better. "just thought this could cheer you up." he smiles and you get into the car. "Did it work?" he asks.

"Yea" you laugh a little. "Just a bit."

"Good" he backs out of the parking lot. "Picnic time!" he sounded really excited.

On the car ride there, you noticed how the weather wasn't even that great. It was pretty cloudy and a little depressing - kind of like you right now. However, it felt nice that you weren't the only one feeling down today. A bit later, you and Baekhyun get out of the car.

"Let's go!" Baekhyun smiles as he reaches for your hand and pulls you under a tree. Everything was going fine. He still didn't realize that you were hiding something - it's going well. You were really afraid of what he would do when he heard the news.

The two of you sit down and start eating, but you space out. "Hey" he whispers in your ear. You jump a bit and blush because you were always a bit sensitive behind your ears.

"Y-yeah?" You stutter. You comb your hand through your hair and take a bite out of your sandwich. Baekhyun smiles.

"You're so cute. I can't believe you're mine." He's so happy. Again, on the inside, you feel a bit depressed because you're going to ruin this perfect picture for him. But you have to. He needs to hear the news from your mouth. God, this was so stressful.

"Um, Bae-" you feel a drop of rain fall on your head. "UGH" you shout. Baekhyun is startled. Today was NOT your day.

"Hey," Baekhyun takes your hand in his. "You okay?" The rain falls down hard. "Let's get under that roof and talk, okay?" You silently move with him. The gloomy day, cancer news, the rain - could it honestly get any worse? Oh wait it can. I'm going to have to break the cancer news to Baekhyun. It's so overwhelming, tears start streaming down your cheeks, which, of course, makes Baekhyun even more worried.

"Hey....________...." He engulfs you in that warm hug you've always loved, making you cry even more. "It's okay ______. We can always go on another picnic." The two of you rock back and forth.

"No, that's not the problem" you say in between breaths. You force yourself to calm down. "Baekhyun."

"Yes my sweet girl?"

You look at him in the eyes. "I have cancer."

"Yea," he says. "I know"

"I'm not going to be here in a few weeks..."

"Yea...what what???" He screams. All you can do is look down at the ground. He shakes it off and hugs you in a tight embrace. "T-that's fine, _____. We'll just make the next few weeks the best days you've ever lived."

You push him away. "You're okay with this?" You shout. "Am I not important?"

"OF COURSE YOU ARE" his eyes are a little red from holding back tears. "I can't live without you. You're half my life."

"Then why are you so calm?" You ask.

"Because I'm keeping it together for you." He sighs and runs his hand through his hair. He walks closer to you. "I...love you..." He whispers. "I'm not going to spend the last few weeks I have with you arguing about useless stuff."

You can't help but smile through your tears. You hug him for being so mature and understanding about this. "Thank you, Baekhyun."

"I'm always here for you." He smiles back at you.

The sun peaks out of the clouds. Because the rain stopped, a rainbow appeared in the distance. Maybe this was a sign that you made the right decision by telling Baekhyun.