Chapter 1: Escape to another planet

"The specimen is getting away! Shut close the exits!"

That order was yelled by a dark skinned man in completely white suit and sunglasses, with an unusual silver gun in his hands. Near him were ten more agents in the same clothing and with a very same weponry. One of the agents didn't wait long before completing the order and closing a metal door. The rest of the agents took their defending positions and hid in cover, pointing their guns towards the dark corridor ahead.

Not a sound. It was too quiet for such a situation, when an enraged creature was out for blood. Only blaring red light bulbs emitted a slight humming sound. Surrounding atmosphere made the agents feel uncomfortable, and wish that they had picked another job. The one without constant threat to their lives.

And then they saw it. Two bright neon green orbs for eyes, shining in darkness. The eyes which desired nothing but tear the agents apart. An animalistic growl sent chills down their spines and made some of them shake in fear.

"Enough, Phantom!" The captain shouted, "Return back to your camera and we might forget about this act of rebellion!"

"What was that?" A deep echoing and sarcastical voice sounded across the corridor. "Since when GIW makes offers? Ah yes, since you made your white pants yellow."

A green shining ball appeared, lightening Phantom's hand. The agents raised their weapons, but didn't have time to shoot. Before they could do anything, Phantom came closer and his blast went through someone's body and he fell on the ground, dead. And here the agents understood that everything was serious. He wasn't joking. Agents started to fire with green light, but Phantom grabbed one of the agents and used him as living shield, blasts hitting him dead on, with the ghost being completely unscathed. The agent screamed in pain. Even if blasts can't kill a human, they could harm if needed level of energy is amplified. And the agents' orders were to vaporize the ghost.

"Oh, quit whining!" Phantom rolled his eyes, "You said that your weapons can't kill a human, so don't complain."

He threw the agent's body at two others, making them fall on the ground. Phantom created a green shield, which effectively blocked the shots. Then he raised his hand, clenched the fist, and all the bulbs blew up, covering everything in darkness. The shield dispersed and everything the agents could do was to shoot at where the glowing eyes were. But constant yells told that it wasn't going well. The captain got his final answer when his neck was grabbed in strong and harsh grip.

"Now, if you answer my question then we both will benefit," Phantom said, his fist igniting with green light and giving the captain a good look at his captor.

He was dressed in black and white rags which used to be a hazmat suit a few months ago. Now it was just a pile of rags hanging from his body, exposing multitude of wounds on Phantom's chest, legs and hands. He had hair as white as snow, but their color was tamed with dirt and red and green blood. For three months without proper treatment they grew two times longer, becoming an unkept mess, which made Phantom look very feral, they even seemed to flow a bit. As was previously said, his eyes were neon green, his mouth was twisted in snarl, and two sharp fangs were seen in his mouth.

"What...do you want?" The captain choked.

"You know perfectly well what I want," Phantom said, tightening his grip. "Where. Is. It?"

"Argh! Back off...scum!"

"That was the last mistake in your life."

Phantom let go of the captain and he fell on the ground, gasping for breath until the ghost sent a powerful blast into his head. He didn't see any problem in killing GIW agents, it was upright merciful compared to what they did, at least he was killing them quickly, without painful torture, like they did to him. Just this three months ago he would be terrified of even thinking about murdering a sentient being, but GIW were a disgrace for human kind, and if he doesn't kill them now, they will kill hundreds of innocents in the future.