Chapter 15: Friends in high circles

A.N. I'm happy to tell you that the updates should be more frequent now when we get to the most interesting part of the story and I have tons of ideas now.

Most of the land forces of the Empire on Yuthan Prime either pledged their allegiance to the Emperor or surrendered. And now the tables had turned. Much fewer number of troops were forced into hiding, which wasn't so hard in a city which took almost entire planet. That's why Phantom was glad that being a ghost saved him from getting a migraine, because it was quite a headache squashing them one by one. What an irony. Now he was unrecognized ruler of the empire, and so the former soldiers became rebels in need of elimination.

The golden throne under him was shaky as Japan. Of course, lack of direct heirs left the remaining nobles without many options. But the old nobility wasn't the entire country population. Many people still hated him and seeing the ghost on the throne only added more oil into the fire. One wrong step, which his enemies would ultimately use, and Phantom will be on receiving end of rebellion. There was one way to deal with the most fiesty people - execution. But, it will only make them martyrs. No, it required more careful approach, and Danny came up with wonderful solution at the beginning of civil war.

-Flashback-

"Remind me, why did I set up the meeting in this hellhole?" Danny asked.

"Answer: Because you didn't want anyone to interrupt us and chose the planet where no one will search for us. Also, our cooperators seem to have sensitive eyes," HK responded, looking at the river of magma below.

Apparently, meeting in the molten world was a mistake.

"It was a rethoric question."

"Question: What is that?"

"A question I don't need anyone to answer because I already know it."

"Confusion: Then why ask it in the first place?"

"I...I don't know. To blow off some steam, I guess."

"Statement: You don't emmit steam."

"That's a form of speech...nevermind."

HK perked up and looked at the sky. His visors detected movements behind the clouds. "Statement: Their ship is approaching."

"I can see that."

"Question: Was that sentence rhetoric?"

Danny groaned and facepalmed. "You are doing this on purpose, don't you?" He muttered.

"Gleeful statement: Hehe, maybe."

Rather soon, one ship flew through the smoke clouds and started to descend, sending gusts of air around and making Danny's cloak neatly flow. It had a spiky design and was rather big. It was obvious, considering who was piloting the ship. Then the trap opened and the aliens walked out of it.

Ssi-ruu looked a lot like Velociraptors. The only thing which made them look different from the Earth dinosaurs were two forked "tongues" that emerged from their nostrils. They walked on two powerful hind legs with balance attained by a muscular tail along with two upper limbs that sported three prehensile claws. All in all there were five of them. Four had crimson red scales, while the last one possessed blue colored scales. It was obviously one in charge. The leader stepped forward while the rest kept their strange blasters ready. HK was eyeing their weapons, he wanted one of those.

"You are the one they call 'Phantom'?" The reptile asked in series of squawks, tweets and whistles.

"Statement: I don't think I can translate that, Master. And your throat cannot possibly..."