Chapter 54: A bigger fish in the ocean

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Daughter asked.

"I'm pretty confident," Phantom shrugged calmly, looking at the kneeling ghost.

It had been a certain while after the events. The Jedi left Mortis, as the planet was called, leaving the ghosts alone. Father was buried in the tomb, and, surprisingly, Son didn't leave the second he got a chance. He listened to the request to stay until that same ritual Phantom was going to accomplish. That's what brought them in the main hall at the moment. They sat in a circle and were about to do just that.

"I still cannot see how you can do that," Son said dryly.

"Simple. Close your eyes, you two."

They obliged. Danny's right hand glowed, while the other, on the contrary, was completely hidden in shadows.

'You guys ready?' Phantom asked mentally.

'Of course, kid. Time to have real fun.'

'With our powers we shall purge the corruption of any kind. Thank you again for agreeing to this.'

'Don't mention it. I just hope you will do your job well. I expect this deal to be beneficial.'

Then Danny released the power, directing it to the other ghosts. They reacted with surprise, but it wasn't painful at all, if you don't include a slight migraine. The next change was more unusual. Daughter used to emit golden light around her, but it dimmed, becoming a thin line around her silhouette, not brighter than Danny's. Son, on the contrary, gained this light. The whites of his eyes became what the name implied, as they started to look normal. Phantom somehow sensed that the job was done. He retracted his hands and stopped.

"How do you feel, guys?" He asked.

"Weird, to say the least," Daughter rubbed her temples, trying to ease the headache.

"No arguing about that," her brother added. "I haven't felt like this ever since that day."

"Well," Danny clapped his hands. "If you hear voices in your head, don't worry. It's part of the process."

"And...what now?" Daughter asked.

Phantom shrugged. "I'm not your boss. You can go wherever you want, I won't stop you as long as you don't call anyone's attention."

"But we don't know anything about what goes on in the Galaxy."

Danny sighed. He had to answer their questions and telling about the ongoing events.

"Hm...any ideas, sister?" Son looked at her.

"I'm not sure...I think I will simply travel around. If His Majesty can advise anything."

"I'll order someone to make a list. Scarif is one of my favorites - white sand, azure seas all across the planet..." Danny drifted off. "What about you?" He looked at Son.

"I'd like to be closer to the place of events," the white skinned man said.

Danny raised his eyebrow. "And what does that imply? Mere hours ago you tried to kill me. You are yet to earn my trust."

"I understand. I just want to be nearby when something happens."

Phantom got up on his legs and crossed his hands. "Fine. You may watch. But I am departing to Mon Cala."

Son's expression became that of confusion. "Mon Cala? What do you need from that sea products?"

"Yeah, you won't make a nice ambassador. Mon Cala's King was killed," Danny said curtly, putting a hand on his chin. "Found in his room with a dagger in his back. The chaos ensues, their neighbors Quarrens don't want to swear loyalty to Prince Lee-Char. He is a teen. It's complicated when two nations live on one planet. Quarrens are the allies of the Confederacy. Mon Calamari are loyal to the Republic. No one invited me personally, but our representative was sent there. My agents acquired some information on our ambassador. His reputation makes me doubt the success of the entire operation."