Chapter 30: Everything she has

"Did they follow you?" Danny asked.

"It's hard to say," Thrawn replaced Komand on the hologram after a short interference. "We jumped first, after all. But, the Outsiders don't leave anyone alive, so I suppose they will follow us by using radiation trail the hyperspace movements leave. We will have to pull time with the loyalists to give our enemies a chance to destroy each other."

"I see. Proceed as you have planned, we will do our part."

Komand and Thrawn looked at each other once the communication was over.

"Soo, how are we intending to do that?" She asked.

Thrawn rubbed his chin. "You can tell them that this ship was a gift from the Ascendancy and you have stolen it along with the droid crew."

Komand hummed. The idea sounded good enough, and they didn't have time to think up another before they came out of hyperspace. The gas giant, which wasn't yet given a name, was dark blue, with several spots of brighter color. The fleet around was rather different in its composition. There were old Yuthanean cruisers and battleships, mixed with the stolen Star Destroyers, on which the loyalists had put their paintjob.

The current fleet of the New Infinite Empire was made of Harrowers and Terminus classes, not much variety, but the IRB was working on it. They were ordered to make corvettes and huge battleships, so the Imperial Navy would be more multitasking. Two prototypes, besides the Interdictor, were built already, and the loyalists were in for a surprise.

The holocommunicator beeped. Thrawn stepped aside so he couldn't be seen from the other end, and gestured for Komand to come closer to the machine. The woman pressed a button and the hologram appeared, and to say that she was pleased would be a mistake. She glared at the man in front of her.

"This Galaxy is too small, child," Scaball said.

"Do I know you?" Komand asked just to annoy him.

"Don't pretend, girl, you know me all too well. Now, why are you here?"

"I want to see my father."

Scaball raised his eyebrow. "And you come here all alone, in our secret hideout, on the Chiss Cruiser."

Komand crossed her arms. "So? You want this ship or not?"

"Hm, yes, maybe. Wait...how did you know that we are here?" The man asked suspiciously.

"The Emperor knows, he just told me. He is collecting the fleet to strike you down."

Scaball flinched visibly. "How much time do we have until he barges in?"

"Twenty hours. His Intelligence claws in deeply, it wasn't too hard to find you. Is my father there?"

"Gods, you are annoying. Yes, he is."

"Then put him through."

Thrawn meanwhile frowned. His accomplice was too inclined in this, it could threaten the entire operarion. But he couldn't interfere, in order to avoid suspicions. Scaball meanwhile narrowed his eyes.

"You are not ordering around here, girl."

"Do you have him or not?" Komand asked slowly and menacingly.

Scaball pressed a few buttons. "His communicator is still in repair. Go to his ship, the information about which one was transmitted. Meanwhile order to put your cruiser in line, we have to choose the system to stay in."

The second the transmission was over, Thrawn stepped forward. "I hope you are not actually considering to do this. It's a trap."

"Tell me something I don't know," Komand growled.