Chapter 44: Sorting things out

Phantom was going through with the promise given to the Chancellor and the Senator. It was in his own interests as well, the temporary ceasefire would give him much needed time. Komand had partially recovered from the wounds, but it was inadvisable for her to return to the duties at the moment. But it was for the best, Phantom concluded. He was one of the most respected generals, and, after Dooku, Danny certainly was the most respected member of the Council.

But just to be sure, he firstly approached his most trusted ally in the Senate. Mina Bonteri was quite influential there, and could persuade more politicians to join this coalition of his. She was more than eager to assist him, especially after her husband died on Aargonar, during the clones' attack. Not only droids served in the CIS army, sadly. Danny and Komand of course shared their condolences, she really appreciated that. Mina organized the hearing, because the senators should have approved this. To discuss the details, Phantom visited Bonteri's mansion.

"So, we need the Old Man's approval?" Danny asked as they walked through the garden.

"Count Dooku can't go against the Senate. He will approve of this if the voting goes in our favor," Mina responded. "For the Council member you know surprisingly little of our constitution, not to sound offensive..."

"Nah, I would have remembered it if I needed it more than now. Komand should know more."

"I haven't seen her around. Has something happened?" The senator asked in concern.

"She wanted a fight, so I foolishly sent her to Terra to subdue the locals. She was wounded, but we won. Komy is alright now, but the doctors advised her to remain in the bed for some time."

"Oh, that's terrible. Is this why you want a ceasefire?"

"I can be replaced on the battlefield, there is no need to stop the war just because of that," Danny then stopped and sighed. "Look, what I say here must not leave this place, alright?"

"What is it?"

"I made an agreement. With Chancellor Palpatine. I just...need something."

Mina looked at him in shock. "How did you..."

"Come in contact with him? Just barged into his office and left. I need to find one dangerous person. They help me find him, and I will assist Amidala's idea of ceasefire. It was a spontaneous idea I had nothing against."

The mid aged woman was surprised at his reasoning, but still chuckled. "Ironic. She was just about to visit me. But that of course should remain between us."

"Oh, really? Mind if I remain here until then?"

"Certainly not, General. Since you have already agreed."

Suddenly Danny heard a slight rustle. He calmly put hands behind his back and under the white cape. "I didn't know we had an extra auditory."

"What?"

"You can come out now."

The bushes rustled again, before a teenage boy climbed out from his cover. He was dressed in the dark blue slim coat, had brown hair and blue eyes. Danny smirked at seeing the obvious family resemblance.

"And this is your son, I take it?" He asked, giving a warm smile to the spy. "Nice to meet you, Lux," Danny outstretched his hand, which the teen shook.

"It's an honor to meet you, sir," he said.

"Please, don't call me sir. It makes me feel old."

Mina smiled at the pleasant exchange, before she received a call. Her eyes widened when she listened to the message. Mina turned off the communicator and looked at her fellow politician.