Chapter 33: Kamino

They departed immediately, right after informing the servants just in case. Two ghosts exited the portal and immediately got under a heavy rain. Not surprising, Kamino was known to have rains almost 24/7 or however long the rotation of the planet was. With such climate it wasn't surprising that the planet was one huge ocean. Seeing his daughter's obvious discomfort, Danny covered the girl from the falling droplets. Dani gave a smile of appreciation and Phantom's heart melted.

They walked incide the circular building. The doors slid open and they went inside. Danny unvoluntary shivered. There was just so much white, it brought very unpleasant memories. The corridor was empty, but soon one of Kaminoans rounded the corner. The alien had white skin, a very thin build, but at the same time he or she was very tall, mostly because of the long thin neck, which made the small bald head stand a few inches higher. The alien approached the pair and Dani took Phantom's hand.

"Greetings sir," an obvious she said in an emotionless voice and nodded slightly. "Do you have an appointment?"

"I do not. I just heard that you offer the services of genetic healing, and I need them."

"Hm. The Prime Minister isn't occupied at the moment. Let me show you the way."

She strolled forward, her walk looking more like a flow. Dani tugged the stark haired man's sleeve.

"Daddy, they are scary," she whispered so low that only the ghost could hear.

Danny chuckled. "The Galaxy is wide, darling. And it's inhabited by many races you will one day rule over. You have to get used to them."

They entered the small circular room, also white. There were three chairs hanging from the ceiling. From one of them rose another Kaminoan, in black and gray clothes. He had the same black eyes with gray rings as Phantom's guide. Also, he spotted several crests on his head.

"Let me present you, Lama Su, the Prime Minister of Kamino," the guide gestured towards the man and stepped aside.

"We didn't expect any visits," Lama Su commented, taking the same emotionless tone. "Take a seat, please."

Danny did as was told and Dani situated on his lap.

"What brings you here?" The Kaminoan asked.

Phantom sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I just want to heal my daughter."

"We can arrange that, there are a few spare labs. But the operation is not cheap, I must warn you. Five hundred thousand credits."

Danny's eyes widened. It was a goddamn robbery! But he didn't show any anger.

"I suppose there isn't any chance I'll be able to convince you to drop the price?"

"No," was the curt answer.

Dani looked up at Phantom, "Daddy, are you sure I need it?"

The stark haired man didn't answer to her. "I'll pay everything."

"You may pay half now and half if it works. But we guarantee the results, and you may stay until the end of healing procedure."

Phantom nodded slowly, before being given the datapad. He signed the contract, informing the Prime Minister that the payment would come tomorrow. Thankfully, Danny could change the Imperial currency to the Republican, because they were made of pure aurodium, and aurodium was valued everywhere. Phantoms were guided through the corridors, meeting even more Kaminoans on their way. Danny's hearing caught something loud behind the white walls, but he went forward nevertheless. He will check it later, obviously.

"Are you okay, Daddy? You were shaking," Dani asked in concern.

Phantom realized that his limbs were shaking slightly indeed. Danny gave a weak smile. "Yeah, I'm alright, sweetie. Just cold."