Chapter 16: Commander Thrawn

The House Mitth agreed on Phantom's proposal. It wasn't surprising, they had to cooperate in order to ensure safety of their nation. This alliance should be rather fruitful. The Chiss' ideology stopped them from expansion during wars. They only colonized planets, they never conquered. That's why their society was 99% Chiss. That one percent were people who were enslaved, but they had heavenly life conditions than other slaves. Those were highly qualified specialists, and the Ascendancy used their skills.

There was one thing Danny didn't like about them. The chiss didn't like Force Users. If someone was found to be able to use the Force, he or she was executed, no matter how high in ranks that unlucky person was. Lower classes were simply exiled, and the Yuthanean Empire caught them and put in chains. Phantom saw this as an opportunity to expand his order's influence. He would teach them how to use their power and since they would have no other place to go, they would never betray the one who gave them home.

At the moment Phantom was aboard of Hyperion. His ship went through several modifications in order to make it fit the title of the Emperor's flagship. Maybe in the future he would change the flagship to something ten miles long, but that's just gigantomaniacal ideas. Less than ten turbolasers on two miles long ship was just pathetic. All the energy went to the front cannon. Danny decided to remove it and put on another ship, which would specialize on using this cannon in particular. Over Valorrum only strong shields and armor saved Hyperion from total destruction. 

All in all, now there were five hundred turbolasers, two hundred laser cannons, eighty torpedo launchers. That energy devouring monster of a cannon in front prevented engineers from putting so many weapons. Yes, the cannon was incredibly effective, one shot and the hugest ships are gone for good, but putting it on a flagship was a mistake. Also, he put new engines and thrusters. They were intended to be upgraded, but the Rebellion didn't have resources for that.

The meeting was set on neutral territory, in buffer system between the Empire and the Ascendancy. It wasn't inhabited, neither it had any habitable planets in it. And as soon as the Imperial ship emerged from hyperspace, and the white lines around dissapeared, only dark void of space was surrounding them. Then everyone saw the Chiss ship. It was painted entirely in black, had similar shape to the Harrower, but without sharp outlines, while being slimmer, with its bridge being hard to spot. Phantom was impressed at the practical design.

After a short walk to the hangers, Danny sat inside the transport shuttle to continue negotiations on the Chiss ship. He decided against flying there himself, he would keep it hidden. There were several soldiers with him, along with HK, even if he didn't require any.

As the shuttle approached the other ship, the pilot established communications and received permission to land in one of the hangers. The shuttle slowly flew inside and landed. When the trap opened, the Royal guards went out first and stood by two sides. Then Phantom stepped out of the ship, and he could feel a wave surprise coming from the Chiss soldiers, even if their faces were hidden under dark blue and black helmets, which made them look a bit like shoguns. How strange, yet amusing.

It wasn't his age what surprised them the most, the Chiss were considered mature at the age of thirteen. However it didn't put up that the Emperor was not a yuth, but resembled human. Yes, they had met humans not so long ago, when the commander housed some of them. The soldiers didn't know much about humans, but for some reason they didn't think that they could glow.

Phantom was wearing black clothes made of soft silk-like material, with a sleeveless jacket of a bit lighter shade over it, and with a leather belt and a white 'DP' badge on his chest. A long pearly white cape was connected to his collar, without . And as always, he was wearing white boots and gloves.