Chapter 51: In a middle of nowhere

A.N. Let me congratulate the ladies on the passed 8th March. Sorry for being so late, have been playing 'Tyranny' and studying. Well, enough of this go and enjoy! *throws glitter*

"So this is it," Danny mumbled. "The Eternal Throne."

Palaces weren't grand enough for his father. A giant orbital station housed him and the main seat of power of the Eternal Empire, both literally and figuratively. A giant golden and white throne was not only a fancy chair, it was the main control point of the Eternal Fleet, which was basically one huge artificial consciousness. The fleet was destroyed, but the throne kept the symbolic meaning. Phantom wasn't alone in the spherical room. He was accompanied by a group of Zakuulan officials, priests of their religion, and, of course, his daughter along with his bodyguard.

Danny slowly went forward. He slowly traced his armored gloved hand along the golden hands of the seat. A strange feeling filled his stomach. The throne resonated, making a strange pulsating and low ringing sound. He was returning to his roots, as it seemed. Phantom was not going to be like his father. Danny didn't sit, instead he turned to his people.

"I have created this Empire with the purpose of peace and order. This man," he pointed to the throne. "Only craved for power. I have inherited his power, his ambitions, his ruthlessness possibly. But not this hunger. So far I have been ruling over our capital, now, I take Zakuul under my direct governance, but I vow to protect your rights, the Parliament shall remain, for I will need assistance. I must receive the oath that each of my decisions will be obeyed as well."

The Zakuulans bowed in acceptance.

"Now, the Legio shall be stationed here. I hope you treat them as they deserve. But if they step out of line, you have my permission to judge the rowdies in accordance to your laws. I need an unwavering discipline from my soldiers. That is all for now, I am not a fan of fancy ceremonies, so I will just step to my responsibilities without coronation. Not that there is any crown. Your people already know about the change. Send all documents to me."

"Finally, I want to know everything about the Eternal Fleet. Blueprints if possible."

"For that we will have to search in the Old World, Your Majesty, but..."

Phantom raised his eyebrow and urged the man to continue. "It is too dangerous down there, and we don't know where the blueprints can be. If we knew, we would have built enough ships to repel any threat."

"I'll send the group. I wonder if the ghosts agree for a bunch of denaries. We are building up our power, because hopes are on blitzkrieg."

"A what?"

"A quick war, a tactic created during the Second World War. We will overrun our enemy with immense speed, surround them and destroy them one by one. Father used the same tactic when his Empire re-emerged. If not for Revan, the Republic would have been totally wiped out. I don't see why we can't repeat the achievement. This way we will avoid many deaths during the war that is to come."

"You have said that you are neutral!"

"I have and it is truth. But I never said that I'm not going to finish that sick man of the Galaxy. I seek to establish the First Galactic Empire. Because I don't want to be the second in anything. Call it pride, but that's how I am. And the name of the state implies that I need the entirety of space. You are dismissed. Send the message if you need further instructions."

The officials bowed and left. Dani approached her father, who was looking out of the window at the steadily spinning planet. Phantom glanced at the girl, hugging her close with one hand.

"Look at this planet, my girl," he said. "There are millions of people, seeking protection and guidance. Our guidance. And not only it, but hundreds, thousands of worlds. We must show the example, we both have eternal lives, many generations will pass and everyone will look up at us. Once you grow up, they will listen to you just like they listen to me. No matter at which star you look, all that shall belong to us. Your promise still stands, right? It won't be easy to rule over all of this."