Chapter 31: The lost tribe

A.N. I had too much fun with the reference I put. Can you spot it?

Phantom returned to the capital as a triumphant. Even if the laurels of glory should had been given to Thrawn, the Chiss wasn't present, had left to the Ascendancy. But the Emperor wasn't hosting a parade either, it was just happy news announced through every channel. 'The filthy terrorists, who called themselves 'the loyalists' are crushed,' the headlines said. More than that, the threat of alien attack was prevented, Danny's authority as the Emperor-protector was reinforced. The crowd's adoration was just like that - a temporary thing, so Phantom needed to gently remind his people about it. Gently, but not necessarily unnoticeable.

During the battle two last ships surrendered. Not much, there were two hundred Outsiders in total. They were led through the main street of Babylon, which was actually a path from the North Pole to the southern. Of course, it wasn't the entire way, they walked under heavy Stormtroopers' escort a few miles. To say that the populace was terrified by their appearance, was to say nothing. The Outsiders were locked in the prison, separately from the other prisoners. It was impossible to take off their armor, which made them really dangerous.

At the moment Komand was going through the corridors of the palace. It never ceased to annoy her how idiotically huge the Emperor's living place was. Phantom didn't even use three quarters of the building, only cleaning droids visited them. Danny had actually considered making living places there for his future Order, kinda like the Jedi Temple. This topic was talked about a lot, but Phantom didn't have time to actually expand the Order. Of course, Dani will be taught once she reaches the age, but there were three of them. Of course, there was Ahsoka. The girl was staying with them, even ate at one table, but Komand wondered why Danny would keep her under his wing. There was only one option.

She stopped once she heard a laughter behind one of the doors. Chuckling slightly, Komand peeked inside the room. Two girls were obviously drawing something on Danny's face with white crayons. Suddenly he felt a foreign presence. Danny looked at the doorway and saw his snickering girlfriend. She laughed over the very simmetrical paintings, note the sarcasm. The left part of his face was decorated rather nicely with white careful figures, while the right part was filled with different drawings Dani's young imagination came up with.

"You seem to be having fun," Komand commented.

Dani was the first to respond. The girl jumped on her feet and appeared near Komand. "Yep. Wanna join, too, Komy?" She asked.

Komand blushed and now it was Danny's turn to laugh. "Uhm, I'm not sure..."

Dani pouted, but luckily didn't insist. Komand sighed mentally in relief. "So, what's all of this about?"

"I call it a cultural exchange," Danny answered in all seriousness.

Ahsoka snickered. It was one way of calling things. Phantom looked at the clocks and his eyes widened.

"I didn't know so much time passed," he said. "Don't you mind if I clean my face?" The man asked, causing two girls to pout. "Hey, I promise we will do it later today. Promise. I just have some work to do."

"Alright/Okaay," the girls said sadly.

"Stay with them, Komy, alright?" Danny asked on his way out of the room.

"Is this a part of my post duties?" Komand responded teasingly and chuckled. "Just go already."

"Wait, can I go with you?" Ahsoka suddenly asked.

Danny blinked. "Uhm, I'm not exactly sure about it..."

"Please, I won't be a bother," the girl begged.