Chapter 35: First skirmishes

If any plan worked like the one Phantom had accomplished in the Outer Rim, the entire Galaxy would have been his before he was even born. While the other Separatists were only about to proclaim independence from the Republic, the planets he had set his foot on flocked to the rebellion. It happened too quickly, and the officials just couldn't get how it was possible. One day Phantom was on the South, in a few hours he and his mercenaries, aka division of the First Legio were banging down the doors of the planetary administration on the North.

Komand took part, too, fighting with the Death Troopers and HK on the less important worlds. The population was mostly supportive of them, but the rest of the Republic bared witness to the power of who seemed to be the Jedi. Since this revolts were the first, they caused an additional uproar on Coruscant. The Jedi were disliked already, and after they learnt that not only the former Jedi Dooku led the separatists, but another two Jedi were conquering the worlds, the gunpowder keg ignited.

The Order had to explain everything to the public, and Danny had a lot of fun observing everything from above, invisible and unnoticed. But despite how well the revolt went, he was still the Emperor of now the largest state of the Galaxy. The worlds he brought under the unknown Imperial protectorate became sort of the trade hubs. The people were happy that the goods weren't going to Coruscant but were exchanged there. However, what they didn't know was where the exchanged goods went. Danny ordered to only use droids for the trade, because someone could have lousy lips.

All in all, both on the North and on the South Phantom was renowned as the temporary Dictator of that regions. No one but the Republican Media complained. And immediately afterwards he officially pledged his support for the CIS. Confederacy of Independent Systems was a united government of all planets which were previously supporting the Separatist movement. The revolting sectors formed the Separatist Senate. And Phantom, not only as the corporate leader, but also as the ruler of several planets, got a seat in the Senate. He didn't occupy it personally, sending a representative there, namely Komand. She was surprised and unwilling, but Danny managed to convince her. In reality, he just wanted to keep his beloved as far from the battlefield as possible, since he finally got an opportunity to do so.

The situation was stable. Stable because both sides had an equal power and potential, but it was going to change soon. The battles were limited to the small skirmishes at the moment, while both states were busy rallying their forces. There were exceptions: Admiral Trench attacked the Republican world of Cristophsis. And Phantom was going to play his part in the war, too. As soon as he got reinforcements, Danny commenced an attack on the nearest system. It happened to be Eriadu.

Trench was the one who annoyed Phantom. So, the moneybags COULD use their employees, and he couldn't use his!

Eriadu served as the capital of the Seswenna sector and was situated at the intersection of the Rimma Trade route, the Hydian Way, the Lipsec Run and the Yankirk Route. The situation there was quite bothersome. The planet sided with the Republic and could become a stronghold if not taken immediately, but now they were surrounded from each side by the forces of the Confederacy. Eriadu was an industrial powerhouse. Filled with the factories to the brim, with extremely polluted atmosphere and nature in general. All that factories could be used for the Droid production. Or something Phantom would need to fight autonomously, without relying on supplies from the corporations.

And speaking of which, the ectoplasmic fuel was giving Danny a lot of money. Unlike the other companies' leaders, Phantom didn't actually need to expand the influence of IMC. He expanded his own influence on the Galaxy. The money went on making the lives of the people better. People not only saw that Phantom was their savior, no, this authocrat managed to do what elected leaders couldn't. Danny needed to keep the war out of that planets.