Chapter 37: An invasion of Ryloth

"You know, it actually feels nice to be...how to put it..."

"Normal?" Komand asked with a teasing smirk. 

Danny laughed, "Yeah, that's the word. Pass the salt, please," he gestured for a shelf.

Komand raised an eyebrow, mixing the mass in the bowl. "Were you cut off from the Force by any chance?"

"No, but your skills of passing objects are unmatched."

She didn't look up and only moved her palm slowly. The glass object flew and hit Danny in the head slightly. The man yelped and Komand only smirked slightly.

"It's you who didn't catch that," she said.

Danny rubbed his sore place, while holding salt in another hand. He narrowed his eyes and poured it into the food his lover was making.

"Hey!" Komand exclaimed, before adding oil into Phantom's frying pan.

Apparently, they got too carried away. As the laughter filled the kitchen, both meals they were making were ruined. It seemed that ketchup didn't mix well with fish, and adding sugar to the fried eggs was a heresy worth of being burned on the stake. Of course, it didn't come to burning, but as a punishment they ate each other's meals. Dani, who was given a cereal so she wouldn't starve or get poisoned by the toxic food, had a good laugh at her parents' expressions. Phantom didn't have a digestive system, so he didn't throw up, unlike his lover, who was going through the deep suffering. Never again they were going to do that.

With a horrible taste still on his tongue, Danny teleported to the Council meeting. The Separatists glanced at the youngest member, who was shifting on his place. Phantom may be...eccentric, they all thought, but he was at least useful. What made Danny even more suspicious is that Dooku never reacted to him being a Jedi. And that was strange, considering the display of power. Moreover, the old man supported him and allowed to use the commanders Phantom deemed required. Something wasn't quite right.

Ahsoka was assigned to a Master, well, not quite. For some reason, it was only a Knight. And it just so happened to be Anakin Skywalker. He, along with Obi-Wan, were fighting on the surface of Cristopsis. The girl told him excitedly about how they destroyed the ray shielding and beated the enemy. Despite losing the space battle, the Separatists weren't going to surrender. Moreover, Phantom knew that they were retaliating at the moment he was busy capturing the major cities of Ryloth and driving the Republican forces outside.

Danny was tasked with capturing the planet. There were still the Republican enclaves deep in the Separatist territory, and from now on, while General Grievous was leading the main attacks, Phantom's job was to get rid of the enclaves. Not the most prestigious job, and it was one of the ways of getting him away from glorious victories, but there was nothing he could do about that, only do everything swiftly.

Ryloth was a peculiar planet, with one part being in perpetual darkness, while the other was burning hot. The most pressing cultural question there was slavery. Republic, at least publicly, forbid it across their territory, but the slavery wasn't something out of ordinary for the locals - Twi'leks. The unmentioned line of income were slaves. The males were strong enough to work, and their women were considered one of the most beautiful. Such a hypocrisy. Of course, most of the populace hated it, but that was an example of corruption. And corruption isn't something declared out loud.

And the Confederacy wasn't even better, there were slavers as well, opened ones. Prohibiting it would have made them turn their backs to the movement, so Phantom had to deal with it, although the thing disgusted him. Danny had an idea to hold Ryloth under his direct control.

The ghost leaned on the holographic table in front of him.

"Now, please explain, why are we here?" Phantom asked as his lips thinned. Several explosions were heard outside of the cave.