Chapter 24: Bounty on Bounty Hunter, or simply a filler

The conquered Ghost Zone region had received a status of Imperial province. It was the smallest, though. Phantom planned on getting more allies, maybe even vassals, securing the Empire's position. Some leaders visited him, and Danny, previously suspecting that, remained in the Zone. They were asking to sign either non-agression pacts, aligning treaty or protection requests. The most interesting moment was when Dora came to him, seeking protection. Danny gave her a warm greeting, before agreeing on her proposal. In exchange for protection against foreign threats, she allowed Imperial commissars to enlist volunteers among her people.

Since the prison fell under the Empire, all prisoners' cases were reviewed by Jurisdiction Committee. Most of them were freed and even offered to join Stormtroopers, since Walker made new pointless rules each day at the breakfast, at lunch and at diner. Not many agreed to join, though, they had own concerns. However, one person was ordered to be brought before the Emperor despite his protests. He was led by the guards through the corridors.

He was wearing a full suit of metal armor, with green flaming hair pulled into mohawk style, and green eyes without pupils. Above his suit of armor, the prisoner was wearing orange prison robes.

Finally the person was pushed inside the room. There the prisoner saw the new warden. What he did NOT expect is to see a damn raptor standing behind the desk. He had yellow scales, and that caste of society mostly consisted scientists of the former Imperium, and was positioned in the middle of pyramid. He had a device on his throat, which allowed to speak Basic, despite throat's build. But it was unneeded when conversing with ghosts.

"What the hell are you?" The prisoner asked rudely.

"The warden of course," the alien squawked. "My name is Spil'ktlik, but I summoned you here not to chat with you myself. His Majesty wishes to speak to you."

Before he could say anything, the prisoner heard a voice to his side.

"My, my, the armor got quite rusty, Skulker. For how long have you sat here?"

The ghost turned and saw grinning Phantom, who was sitting on an armchair with crossed legs.

"Whelp?"

"Hello to you too, tin can," Danny deadpanned, drinking from a glass. "Take a seat."

Skulker was pushed forward with the butt of the guards' guns. Glaring at them, Skulker still sat on a chair.

"What do you want?" He asked the stark haired man.

"Ah, you see, there is a problem, pal. You have attempted to hunt down a rare animal, which is forbidden not only by Walker, but by our laws as well. Which means our respected warden can't let you out," Danny gestured at the Ssi-ruuk. "But, you can earn my signature under document of forgiveness of your crimes. I have a task for you. Fulfill it, and you will be free."

"I'm interested."

"Of course you are," Phantom mumbled, making another sip.

Skulker narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean?"

Danny chuckled. "I was gone for one year and you made your girlfriend pregnant. I don't even want to know how you managed to pull that off."

The hunter's jaw dropped. "I'm....a FATHER?!"

"Yep. I'm being merciful because I have a daughter myself. So, I think you want to see the birth of your kid?"

"Can I see him?" Skulker obviously missed the part about Phantom's daughter.

"Well, not yet. Ember is on her sixth month. But, you may see her before you depart on your task, yes. You can communicate with her during the completion as well, if you don't share details, of course."