Chapter 2: The Great Piligrimage

"Well, either Vortex broke loose or the Old Man picked a wrong planet."

Clockwork lied. And that was a very cruel joke. When he said 'peaceful planet', Danny imagined a planet full of green flora, with beautiful waterfalls, etcetera, etcetera...NOT a black wasteland with storms ravaging in the atmosphere. The sky was covered by dark clouds, with occasional lightings flashing on a distance.

"Now where should I go..." he mumbled, covering his eyes with his hand. Just wonderful, he was dressed in light T and tight jeans while in a middle of typhoon.

Strangely enough, the storm started to calm down a bit as if on snap of the fingers, which made Vortex theory more possible. Wait, no, Vortex would have only strengthen the storm at his sight. Plus, what could he do on another planet? Danny looked around, trying to find SOMETHING in that desert. The clouds moved aside, like Moses and the Red sea, and the local sun lightened the way. That was invitation enough. Phantom went through the desert with one thought in mind, what futuristic can be here?

Then he saw a building far on a distance. Deciding to get a roof above his head, Danny flew up and became invisible, in case someone will be looking. The building was like a wide, but not very tall, tower. If he hadn't known better, Phantom would have thought that it was some buddhist temple. Danny tried to take a look from above, but again nothing. Even if there were any settlements, they could easily be on another end of the planet.

Phantom landed in front of the main door and knocked, but recieved no response. He tried again. This time the door just fell down with a thunderous sound, sending a cloud of dust in the air. In that moment Danny was thankful he didn't need to breath. He just waved it away and went inside. Everything around told him that no one visited this place for thousands years. Columns ready to collapse, holes in the floor from the ones which already did, it was a miracle that this building was still standing.

Then Danny felt something. It was some kind of gut feeling, telling him to go. He didn't like it, his gut almost got him killed on more than one occasion. But what else he could do? Only go inside the dark corridor number three. Danny ignited his hand and lightened the way with a green light. He walked further and further, before reaching a wooden door and opening it.

A small library was in there, and even if most of the books were taken, some still stayed. Phantom picked the first one with left hand and floated out of the room and through the ceiling. He comfortably situated on a roof, looking at his surroundings. Danny looked at the book and phased the dust through it. This was strange, the aliens should have advanced technologies and they still use paper or its analog.

"What kind of language is that?" He murmured, looking at the strange letters, which looked more like geometrical figures. As he turned over the pages, with each blink his eyes made, letters started to change their shape, until becoming English, which he knows so well. In Danny's opinion that was one of the most useful abilities ghosts possess. Especially now when he is a complete stranger, god knows how much light years from his home.

On the cover was a picture of a white gear inside another black bigger one, surrounded by white circle. Under it was written: 'The history of Je'daii Order'.

Putting away the thoughts about how weird the name sounded, Danny started to read. On the first page was 'A code of Je'daii.'

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

Phantom guessed it was some kind of oath. As he read further, it was getting more and more exciting. Strangely enough, he hated history lessons in school, but seems like all was because of how boring the teachers were. There was so much things he learned. Apparently, this order was formed on this planet many years ago, plus the time since Tython was abandoned, information of what was absent. It wasn't inhabited, colonizers arrived from all corners of the galaxy.