Chapter 49: The ancestry

A.N. I thought you guys need to cheer up after the last chapters. I've found this little YouTube redraw of one of our old Russian cartoons. P.S. These two were my first ship, and it gave me the first heartbreak.

"Ahsoka, what is wrong?" Anakin asked in concern.

"Oh, Master..." Ahsoka straightened. "It's just...nothing serious, don't worry about this."

"No, no, I will worry, Snips. You have been like this for a pretty long time. What happened?"

"I told you, nothing is wrong, Master," the teen crossed her hands.

"You are bad at lying, Ahsoka," Anakin shook his auburn haired head. "Look, there is no one around here. You can tell me, my lips are shut."

The girl sighed. "It's just...one of my...friends has died."

Anakin's look softened. The young Jedi Knight sighed. "I understand your feelings, then. Is this someone I knew?"

"No, I don't think so. This is someone I've met while I was away from the Order. She and her lover were like parents to me all this time. And she was killed month ago."

Anakin looked at her strangely. "Now I understand why you weren't eager to tell. No attachments are allowed."

"And you are fine with this?" Ahsoka asked in surprise.

The Knight shifted on the seat inside the meditation room. "I guess there is a point in telling you something about myself. I lost my mother, too, year and a half ago. Although, I haven't seen her for ten years before she was killed by Tuskens."

"Oh...I'm sorry, Master."

"Hey, don't worry, I'm supposed to sound reassuring here," Anakin smirked, patting Ahsoka on her shoulder. "If meditations don't help, we can go on a mission. Actually, no, that's not up to debate. We do have a mission. Go pack up, Snips, I'll be waiting at the entrance of the Temple."

The two got up, while Ahsoka smiled slightly. He was just like her father. She needed such a talk, and so far she didn't have an opportunity to make a call to the rest of her family.

Meanwhile the object of her thoughts was preparing. The Legio had to show its power against the clone army to prove its value. There wasn't any number superiority, which made the droids equal to them. Danny knew what to do. The people of Umbara asked him for protection, because he was the most trusted member of the Council, after the Count. They decided to defect to the Confederacy after their Senator had been murdered in the Republican Senate. Fight in a total darkness against the army of highly trained individuals? What a perfect opportunity.

And Dooku did give Danny the information about his apprentice. The old fool didn't have a clue about Phantom's awareness, and that the ghost was going to use any opportunity to his advantage against the wannabe Sith. He was going to murder that bastard in the most painful way, but it was not the time, not yet. The Imperial Intelligence got to work.

Their search was fruitful as ever. This Ventress was supposedly killed at the battle of Sullust, but Dooku somehow learnt that she was alive. Then by looking through her biography found in several sources, including the Jedi archives, courtesy of Ahsoka. There was only one place where Ventress could go within the Protectorate territories - Dathomir.

As many planets, it had an incredible history Danny was ready to dive in but had no time. The thing that made it stand out were the so called 'Nightsisters'. Phantom was rather curious about this matter, because they were known to use some kind of the magic, which couldn't even be considered the Force, since no Jedi, Sith, or even Danny had no idea of what the hell that was. He left for Dathomir immediately, along with Dani. The princess was maybe put in danger, but she was safer together with her father even in the deepest corner of hell, than alone in their Raxus mansion. Or at least that's what her father thought.