Chapter 47: The battle of two Phantoms

Dan didn't have time to react. He was hurled through the nearest wall, and not in the intangible way, forming a hole in the piece of metal.

"Daddy!" Dani cried and clung to her father. "Mommy...she...she..."

Phantom kneeled near the girl, and even if they were still red, they held only worry. "Dani, I need you to get as far away from here as you can. Remember what I have taught you. We will meet later."

Dani nodded. "Please, be alright, Daddy," she pleaded.

"I doubt he can complete your wish, girl," Dan went out of the hole.

His appearance was different now. His attire consisted of the black and white suit, on his shoulders was a white cape with black inners. His boots and gloves were white. Dan's black haired beard became white, his skin was light blue, red eyes had taken a permanent character. Instead of the slick black hair, there was a raging white fire on top of his head. Danny immediately stood between them and flinched involuntairy. And Dan noticed that.

"Oh, what's this? The poison is still in effect?" He asked with a smirk. "I may have lied about the time it takes to kill you. You have about twenty minutes left, Danny-boy. You have to defeat me, and I am not a fool, I don't carry an antidote in my pocket. Looks like the girl is going to be an orphan."

Dani sobbed and looked up at her father, who soothingly stroked her pearly hair. She only hugged him tighter, looking away from the horrible monster. Older Phantom glared at the ghost in front of him, slightly pushing his daughter behind his back.

"If I'm going to die," he growled as his eyes glowed brighter. "I'm taking you with me!" He yelled.

Putting his hands together, Danny hurled the beam of red energy. Dan immediately summoned a shield, grunting under the monstrous pressure. He was even pushed back along with his own shield. Once the energy surge dissappeared, so did the block, but it was a grave mistake. With a roar, Phantom ran at him, and pushed them through the wall, not giving his enemy any time to become intangible. The metal bent and screeched as the two went through. To the street. Dan flew backwards, while Phantom regained his position.

"Of all places to choose, you have picked Coruscant," Danny muttered, shaking off the pieces of debris.

It was the Coruscant Underworld, the crowdy place by default and the crowd around screamed in terror and backed off. But once the initial shock eased, everyone realized who at least one of them was. But the image surely was different. His clothes were a torn mess, he himself seemed to be injured, but his face was what caused them to fear. Instead of a handsome young face was something terrific, not a bit lesser than that of his opponent. The crimson eyes had lost any pupils and seemed to radiate some sort of energy, the already pale skin was white just as the floating hair. The audience's eyes darted to another person, who rose back on his legs calmly.

"Alright, I must admit it was impressive, Daniel, but I have lost interest in this little game."

"A GAME?!" Phantom inhumanly roared.

Before he was even able to react, or before anyone could even blink, Danny grabbed Dan's neck, unknowingly repeating the same action the latter had done many years later. In a split second mostion, Phantom moved his enemy's head in an unseen motion, hitting the nearest metal beam.

"Still funny, you asshole?!" Phantom exclaimed, hitting the beam again and throwing the ghost away.

Dan fell on the ground ten meters away, with his eyes wide. Damn, the kid had become more powerful than he had expected. He saw that Phantom was approaching him steadily. The poison was supposed to be killing him! He was supposed to crawl and grief until his death came!